Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Paragon PMC II 28mm F/2.8 Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Super Paragon PMC II 28mm F/2.8 Macro Reply with quote

Apparently this is made by Cimko?

The lens is very decent IMO, build is nice and solid, actions are smooth and image quality is very good considering this is a relatively humble lens.

At optimum apertures such as F/5.6 and F/8 there is good sharpness across the frame which is to be expected of this design but there is also quite good sharpness (although more towards the centre of the image) at F/2.8.

The lens is close focusing allowing for 1:4 close ups, the MFD is about 8"

Overall I think it's a decent little lens, almost if not as good as the Tokina RMC and Tamron Adaptall.

Some Samples:

Panasonic DMC-G1
Super Paragon PMC II 28mm F/2.8 Macro @ F/5.6

Panasonic DMC-G1
Super Paragon PMC II 28mm F/2.8 Macro @ F/2.8

Panasonic DMC-G1

Panasonic DMC-G1
Super Paragon PMC II 28mm F/2.8 Macro @ F/8

Panasonic DMC-G1

The lens itself:

Canon EOS 350D
Sigma 18-50mm F/2.8 EX DC @ 50mm & F/4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more I took whilst walking today, trying to reduce my belly!

These were stitches made using PTGui, 28mm isn't so wide on Micro 4/3!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost sure this lens is made by Sigma... I had a Sigma Super-Wide that is very similar to this lens

nice samples btw!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice scenery and nicely captured....looks like a good lens.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good and interesting results! You must have had a pleasant walk, is that in your own neighbourhood?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Good and interesting results! You must have had a pleasant walk, is that in your own neighbourhood?

Yes I live in the Ogmore valley in south Wales, a very pleasant looking place. It's just a shame that there are so few remnants of the mining industry left, there were a lot of collieries once. Nothing has been preserved for historic purposes and while I search for remains all I have found so far has been rubble, foundations and some small buildings like the one above. It's a shame that whilst they have tore almost everything down they have left a mess in some places which is interesting to me but probably just spoils the view for most.

But despite this there is still a lot of beautiful and clean landscape to photograph Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost certainly Cima Kogaku (Cimko). To verify, see if the lens mount is held on by four unevenly spaced screws. Or, add a picture of the mount end of the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than adequate lens. Fine samples - love Wales. Think it was Beecham closed the mines (or was it the railroads?)

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice place and good lens too.

I like the colors rendering and the contrast.

The resolution power is good too but doesn't seem very high.

Rino

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 135mm f2.8 Super Paragon PMC lens that I'm liking a lot, even with a dead fly inside it.

It's got the 4 unequally spaced mount screws, and it's a nice quality lens. Maybe a Cimko as well ?

Great pictures, I haven't spent enough time down South Wales and I need to get there. The more pictures like this I see, the sooner I'll get there again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im really liking the last image. Beautiful landscape.
Quote:
even with a dead fly inside it.

...I'm interested to hear how this story goes Shocked