Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What Yashica cameras are M42 ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: What Yashica cameras are M42 ? Reply with quote

Just wondering what cameras Yashica produced were M42 thread.
I saw a Electro 35 G that had a nice 45mm f1.7 on it and didn't know if it was a Yashica baynet or M42 ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well...neither. That one's a fixed-lens rangefinder. (It is a nice lens, though.)

Per Camerapedia, the following is a list of Yashica M42 SLRs (some of these are just model variants):

Yashica Penta J
Yashica JP
Yashica J-3
Yashica J-4
Yashica J-5
Yashica J-7
Yashica TL
Yashica TL-E
Yashica TL Electro
Yashica TL Electro-AX
Yashica TL Electro-X
Yashica TL Electro-X ITS
Yashica TL Super
Yashica FFT

There were actually two different Yashica SLR bayonet mounts. Yashica's earliest SLRs used a proprietary bayonet; these models were all sold under the "Pentamatic" designation. The C/Y mount was adopted for the FR and FX series; I'm not terribly familiar with that model range.

Lots more lens information here.

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Yashica TL Electro X. The X has mirror lockup, I don't think the regular Electro does.
Sweet camera, but if you ever buy one make sure that the electronics works. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+2 on that, or is it +3 Wink

I have two, a regular X and an X Its in black. On the Its the battery check lights up fine, but the meter won't meter. The X works well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the replies, thats given me food for thought and now I know what to look at Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://anusf.anu.edu.au/~aab900/photography/cameras/yashica.htm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
I have the Yashica TL Electro X. The X has mirror lockup, I don't think the regular Electro does.
Sweet camera, but if you ever buy one make sure that the electronics works. Smile

I have a TL Electro. You're correct, mine has no mirror lockup.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Pentamatic with a couple of lenses. A very nice camera IMO.
Hard to find lenses though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.praktica-collector.de/