Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The sharpness of the S-M-C Takumar 85/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: The sharpness of the S-M-C Takumar 85/1.8 Reply with quote

I was wondering if my 85/1.8 has some problems with sharpness, because I was not amazed by the last shots I did with it. I took it this morning, here are two 100% crops at f/1.8 :

The lens has actually no problems and this is why it is an expensive one for an old lens : incredible sharpness Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say, but that "increadible sharpness" does not at all show in these images
(although I like to color + light) - maybe you show a crop which shows that (not not so large, stamp size works best Wink )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that first shot is incredible! looks like this is a solid lens Smile enjoy it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Klaus on this one.
Regarding sharpness, there is nothing to brag about.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering these are '100% crops' (actual pixels), the sharpness looks fine to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was that taken with 5d? I think its very sharp for being that wide open, compared to mine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: The sharpness of the S-M-C Takumar 85/1.8 Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
here are two 100% crops at f/1.8 :

On the 5D, indeed.

One of the crops comes from here :

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The sharpness of the S-M-C Takumar 85/1.8 Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:

One of the crops comes from here :

+1
Amazing picture.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC K version of the lens (optically identical, I believe) wide open, handheld.
In-camera JPEG, no post-processing (not even rotation to level it). Sad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have this lens, so I haven't got a reference or know what to expect, but it looks okay to me also Wink