Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Gangs All Here. The Vivitar Chrome Nose Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: The Gangs All Here. The Vivitar Chrome Nose Family Reply with quote

With the recent purchase of a Vivitar 28mm f/2.8 Chrome Nose lens the family is all here now.






PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a handsome lot they are too !


PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations.
They look great as a set! And in a nice condition. All with the same mount?
From what years are they?


PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Congrats!!


PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
And a handsome lot they are too !


Many thanks.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Congratulations.
They look great as a set! And in a nice condition. All with the same mount?
From what years are they?


All the same mount. M42. Maker is unknown and the date of manufacture is probably pre-1970.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Wow! Congrats!!


Thanks Attila. The 200mm and the 28mm were quite hard to find.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, what a seriously sexy looking set of glass you've got.

Seems like a long time ago since we discussed the 135 in another thread - I admire your persistence and patience dude Wink


PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really beautiful lenses.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A successful hunt there, Dawg, and a handsome group. I'm curious about the 28mm. The length and proportions appear similar to my Soligor 28/2.8 that I think came from Kino. Compare 'em and tell us what you think.



PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They always remind me of the Tamron adaptamatic lenses, the 28mm in particular but I think it's just a coincidence that they have some similar characteristics.



PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done BD,they look beautiful and very stunning as a group.What's next on the lens list to collect, and shoot of course Very Happy


PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pretty pageant line-up ...


PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Oh man, what a seriously sexy looking set of glass you've got.

Seems like a long time ago since we discussed the 135 in another thread - I admire your persistence and patience dude Wink


Thanks Mal. I just keep trying.


PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Really beautiful lenses.


Thanks Walter.


PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
A successful hunt there, Dawg, and a handsome group. I'm curious about the 28mm. The length and proportions appear similar to my Soligor 28/2.8 that I think came from Kino. Compare 'em and tell us what you think.



Very similar Bill.


PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
They always remind me of the Tamron adaptamatic lenses, the 28mm in particular but I think it's just a coincidence that they have some similar characteristics.



I agree. I had a Tammy 24mm that was very similar.


PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Well done BD,they look beautiful and very stunning as a group.What's next on the lens list to collect, and shoot of course Very Happy


Thanks mo. I'm looking at either a 21mm, 19mm or a 85mm f/1.8 preset. Then there is the 90mm Bokina...just wish it were cheaper.


PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
Very pretty pageant line-up ...


Thanks Paul.


PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
mo wrote:
Well done BD,they look beautiful and very stunning as a group.What's next on the lens list to collect, and shoot of course Very Happy


Thanks mo. I'm looking at either a 21mm, 19mm or a 85mm f/1.8 preset. Then there is the 90mm Bokina...just wish it were cheaper.

Yes I wish the lenses I want were cheaper too... Very Happy Which is your favorite chrome nose?


PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawg, looking at your gear always makes me wish you'd adopt me, sigh...


PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Quote:
mo wrote:
Well done BD,they look beautiful and very stunning as a group.What's next on the lens list to collect, and shoot of course Very Happy


Thanks mo. I'm looking at either a 21mm, 19mm or a 85mm f/1.8 preset. Then there is the 90mm Bokina...just wish it were cheaper.

Yes I wish the lenses I want were cheaper too... Very Happy Which is your favorite chrome nose?

The 135mm then the 200mm. Both are quite good.


PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magkelly wrote:
Dawg, looking at your gear always makes me wish you'd adopt me, sigh...


I asked the wife...Sorry...She said no. Laughing


PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, manual friends.
I recently found and acquired the beautiful 135mm 2.8 chrome nose for 6euros, with what I believe is a broken aperture pin or something of the sort. The lens is wide open, but won't change aperture with the ring, so still workable but crippled. I wonder if there is an aperture pin, or perhaps the switching pin between manual and auto has broken off. I was wondering if anyone had any info about disassembly/cleaning/repair of this gorgeous hunk of glass? Any online resources or personal experience would be invaluable, as I'd love to use this on my Fuji X-T1 and m42 adapter.
Thanks a bunch!


PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Families eh?

No wayward teenage behaviour in among them I hope?