Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unscrewing takumar 3.5/35 name plate
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Unscrewing takumar 3.5/35 name plate Reply with quote

I got a tak 3.5/35 on eBay for quite little money.
The lens was described as in good working condition, but it came out having quite a bit of fungus on one of the inner elements.
Since shipping is about 40% Of the total price, I decided to keep it,ask the seller for a partial refund, and clean it by myself: I already disassembled some similar lenses and I should be quite comfy with it.
Only thing is I can't unscrew the name plate ring: with the methods I used in other cases, it just won't move.
Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some problems with a 50 mm SMC takumar in very bad condition and that had a damaged filter ring.

The nameplate didn't wanted to move, first i repaired the filter ring but still no movement of the nameplate, then I used a bit of acetone to loosen any glue if present, after that i put some wd40.

Some sellotape on the nameplate ring, the rear cap of the lens and pure brute force.

Most of all patience, it took me 4 days of trying several times a day and almost throwing the lens into the bin until finally it moved. And now i use it very often.

Good luck

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simplest solution drill two hole and use spanner wrench to rotate it

a bit more difficult but may works without permanent damage
use a wood stick with little hammer and knock gently ring all around
and try to move with rubber gum after usually works after a couple of round knocking

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll try these.
Thank you.