Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kalee Bloomed Projection Lens f/2.2 89mm adapted on GH1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Kalee Bloomed Projection Lens f/2.2 89mm adapted on GH1 Reply with quote

I planted this projector lens into a M58 focusing helicoid and then adapted it on my GH1 with a M42/M25 to M4/3 adapter. The lens has no aperture blades and thus all photos were wide-open shots. Please comment on its performance. Smile Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bloomed" huh Very Happy I wonder if it is a pre-WWII lens then. I think the results are quite nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1950s, Bloomed just means coated, they were made by Kershaw in Leeds, I have two of them in different lengths, high quality Petzval type.

This was with my 127mm version:

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get some good results from the old Zeiss Ikon Orikar 150 / 3.5 projector lens, it's off an old 1950's stereo projector. The depth of field was crazy small so I use a bit of cardboard with a 15mm hole hacked in it as an aperture. I mount the lens on bellows and use the NEX, it's a good setup.

Sony NEX5 & Zeiss Ikon Orikar lens by Mudplugga, on Flickr

Owl in the window. by Mudplugga, on Flickr

Projector lenses can give nice results. I think I've got another bellows set up that will allow some shift, so that's the next thing to try.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
1950s, Bloomed just means coated, they were made by Kershaw in Leeds, I have two of them in different lengths, high quality Petzval type.

This was with my 127mm version:

Nice! The lens provides great details!
Thanks for sharing. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I get some good results from the old Zeiss Ikon Orikar 150 / 3.5 projector lens, it's off an old 1950's stereo projector. The depth of field was crazy small so I use a bit of cardboard with a 15mm hole hacked in it as an aperture. I mount the lens on bellows and use the NEX, it's a good setup.

Sony NEX5 & Zeiss Ikon Orikar lens by Mudplugga, on Flickr

Owl in the window. by Mudplugga, on Flickr

Projector lenses can give nice results. I think I've got another bellows set up that will allow some shift, so that's the next thing to try.

Another great PL !