Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss 25mm f/2.8 ZS Distagon on Fuji
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Zeiss 25mm f/2.8 ZS Distagon on Fuji Reply with quote

hi

I'm looking for different 25mm theses days:

- one compact ( I have many suggestions allready and this is not at all the goal of this topic

- one with the best quality (and in this goal i found the 2.8 distagon)

I have one fuji X-M1 with a leica M mount adapter and many lenses

I found that the Zeiss 25mm f/2.8 Distagon have one ZS version, and even if it is not one ZM version, this seems also compatible as it is the same leica Mount

I tried to make some search, and I was not able to found one fuji guy with this 25mm distagon, why? maybe it is not compatible after all or maybe i didnt understand something, any explain mabye?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss ZM & ZS are two different mounts: ZM is originary Leica M Mount ZS is M42 mount:
http://www.zeiss.de/camera-lenses/de_de/website/photography/what_makes_the_difference/camera_mounts/zs_lenses.html

I don't know if ZS is still in production, but both are quite different lenses.
Of course there are adapters for both onto Fuji x.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a Nikon mount version of the lens - as it has an aperture ring, that too could be adapted to the Fuji camera, plus it should be easier to get hold of...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one in Rolley SL35 mount, it goes on my Sony and Canons. Most excellent lens, works sharp corner to corner when open, almost no distortion.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaaaaah ok
i didnt know that there is different leica mount
now all is clear
thanks for this information

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to register to this forum after bumping into great valuable information and knowledge, thanks to all you guys I've been learning a lot.

Any input on this next question will be deeply appreciated. I'm about to buy my first "real" lens (on a budget) for a digital cinema camera and I'm looking for a lens that can deliver an organic-dramatic feel, so after heavy research I narrowed my options into two lenses (I know there are a lot of other good lenses out there but I'm totally conviced that these two are my final options) :

Option A. Zeiss Flektogon 20mm F2.8 (serial 1001xxxx)

Option B. Zeiss Contax Distagon 25mm F2.8. (serial 581xxxx)

I've read a lot about how quality control is greater on the Contax Line but at the same time I've read about some Jena's having great quality too. Cost of both is relatively similar on the web.

My priorities in this decission are: image quality, color rendering and of course, durability of the lens. I am not too worried about corner/edges softness because (I'm currently sitting on a 1.6x crop factor so I won't be dealing with the real corners)

Thanks a lot for your time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As noted above, the SLR version (ZF, ZF.2 & ZS) is a different design than the ZM. Both are well-built, modern design and high-resolution, the latter a tiny M-mount and probably better suited for the Fuji. The SLR 25 is a quirky lens with a great deal of field curvature but very close focus, 17 cm if I recall correctly.

For an APC sensor, both would do but will depend on what's more important to you, size or MFD.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMBermudez wrote:
I decided to register to this forum after bumping into great valuable information and knowledge, thanks to all you guys I've been learning a lot.

Any input on this next question will be deeply appreciated. I'm about to buy my first "real" lens (on a budget) for a digital cinema camera and I'm looking for a lens that can deliver an organic-dramatic feel, so after heavy research I narrowed my options into two lenses (I know there are a lot of other good lenses out there but I'm totally conviced that these two are my final options) :

I've read a lot about how quality control is greater on the Contax Line but at the same time I've read about some Jena's having great quality too. Cost of both is relatively similar on the web.

My priorities in this decission are: image quality, color rendering and of course, durability of the lens. I am not too worried about corner/edges softness because (I'm currently sitting on a 1.6x crop factor so I won't be dealing with the real corners)

I have tried both flektogon (twice) & distagon (Rolei mount)
I still keep distagon fo similar reason you mentioned above plus corner-to-corner sharpness,
Flektogon is bigger, closer MFD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMBermudez wrote:

Greetings and welcome to the forum--yes, it is a great place, full of information for sure. I want to make a suggestion to you which I think will help. It is probably better if you start a separate thread dedicated to the information you seek on these lenses, than to try and obtain information from this thread. It is just a suggestion--Best of luck to you. jt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snodge wrote:
There is also a Nikon mount version of the lens - as it has an aperture ring, that too could be adapted to the Fuji camera, plus it should be easier to get hold of...

Yes. I have one, a ZF mount. Pay no attention to "lens reviewers" who measure specific parameters and declare a lens 'good' or 'bad' based on those tests.

I love mine. One of my favorite lenses of all time...unless I try taking pictures of flat test charts at near distance. Then it is awful.