Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Macro Takumar 50mm f4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Super-Macro Takumar 50mm f4 Reply with quote

Today I bought this lens in local shop , is anybody have it ? Any experience ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the smc one. I thing he have very good distortion nice for reproduction. Nice color for outside but a little slow.
A quick test I do last month no sharpening
Tamron 90 sp 2.5 is bottom left, pentax bottom right

at 5.6

at 11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the two above poilu? Assuming that you have focused consistently between the different lenses (it's more difficult than one can think), I would say that the two above perform significantly clearer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What are the two above poilu?

contax 60 & contax 100

I made only one shot and it is more difficult to focus with a F4 than a 2.8
It is possible I made mistake and it was more for fun.
But my shot outside confirmed the pentax is soft wide open and you have to close a lot to have acceptable result. Maybe I have a lemon.
The contaxs look better than the tamron. But on real shot the tamron shine, is a very special lens and I will keep it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu

that Tamron is under-rated in many places. It has a 3D effect when focussed right. I would certainly never part with mine, even though I have others that are sharper

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Poilu especially for Contax and Tamron comparation! My I ask you for Contax samples to mflenses.com/gallery ?