Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A walk with my new Takumar f2 58mm (Sonnar type)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: A walk with my new Takumar f2 58mm (Sonnar type) Reply with quote

All shot fully open or nearly fully open, just resized.

Last edited by kds315* on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do need, do want Twisted Evil It seems to have a smoother bokeh than the 83/1.9, it would be interesting to compare them Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus!

Is a signature of Sonnar in the tripled bokeh? Similar in appearance to camera shake. Seen in slightly out of focus lines as stems in #2 and #6, petals in #12. Only within a certain range just past dof. Bokeh smooths farther away than that range.

#15 'doughnut' bokeh is interesting. Is that also signature of sonnar?

Sonnar 1.8/83 has 7 elements, 2/58 has 6.

Last edited by visualopsins on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the samples Klaus. The pedigree of the lens is obvious. Are the colours naturally as bright as rendered here (no/limited PP?)

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Lumix GH1 produces these colors. I like this little cam more and more...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

"Bright ring" bokeh is a better term than doughnut. The blur discs have a bright ring and bright point in the center. Doughnut bokeh from mirror lenses only consist of a bright ring and a completely dark center (blocked by the secondary mirror).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images! I like how it captures the white flowers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the samples very much, thank you for showing them Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great presentation , I especially like #3. No doubt Panny has great colors, even red comes out nicely.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These pictures are all incredible Smile I love sonnars!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too, Sonnars are great!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Thank you Klaus!

Is a signature of Sonnar in the tripled bokeh? Similar in appearance to camera shake. Seen in slightly out of focus lines as stems in #2 and #6, petals in #12. Only within a certain range just past dof. Bokeh smooths farther away than that range.

Sonnar 1.8/83 has 7 elements, 2/58 has 6.

Well I found an image from my sonnar (the old Nikkor-P 105 f/2.5) that had something close to that triple bokeh, but mine appears to be in front of the plane of focus.

I noticed it in the candy signs. Interesting, I've never been able to grasp what I liked about sonnar bokeh, but there's something. That might be a factor.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats to your new toy - do you have a preferred shutter speed at your "test fountain" ? Seems the drops are looking very similiar in your pictures i´ve seen from other lenses

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressing ! this is a nice fellow for a walk ! Is it possible to see a picture of the lens, please ?