Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ISCO Westron 35mm f3.5 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the samples above look very flat. The bokeh is nice but it's quite low contrast and colours look a bit washed out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I think the samples above look very flat. The bokeh is nice but it's quite low contrast and colours look a bit washed out.

I don't think they look flat; I actually perceive some depth in them. I agree that the colour saturation and contrast are not very high.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Thanx to this and a couple of other threads I had to get one Reply with quote

Heres my Berolina Westromat 35mm f2.8 copy I got today.
I love it!

This is at f4 i think. I cant be wide open but Im not 100% sure.
No PP except a little exposure boost.

This is wide open by hand at ISO 400 and the closest posible range, about 15 cm.
No PP at all.

The lens is one of my ugliest lenses ever but wow. This is a nice lens!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into both 35mm versions on a flea market today, but had no idea if they were any good. Now that I read prices on ebay, I'd kill myself. The seller wanted 17-18€ for 35/2.8. On the contrary, they were in a bad shape and I'm not sure if they could be cleaned.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Westron 3.5 was the "bargain" version. Not really good. I'd honestly pass on it for any price. The 2.8 version is a different formula, which usually has the Westromat name on it, is considerably better.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought one (ISCO-GOTTINGEN WESTRON 35mm 3.5) and just received it. Mine is the zebra version. I still haven't tested it.. but it looks really nice. Any example from this particular lens (3.5) ?