Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elgeet Cine Navitar 3 inch f1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:25 am    Post subject: Elgeet Cine Navitar 3 inch f1.9 Reply with quote

I've had this lens for a long time, but after being disappointed with the small image circle (barely MFT) I hardly used it. At some point, revisiting it, I realized that there was a very restrictive rear circular baffle. Once I filed that away, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it would cover all but the extreme corners of APS-C at infinity. The lens had an extreme problem with flare, which I reduced considerably by taking it apart (Petzval) and painting the inside barrel with matte black paint. It has turned out to be stunningly sharp and contrasty, with a nice amount of swirl. The bokeh is smoother than that of its little brother, the 2 inch Cine Navitar f1.5, and the performance is better. This lens would be excellent for MFT if you don't mind losing the swirly edges of the image circle.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

You have an amazing collection of unusual lenses, kymarto.
I enjoy your vision and the processing you do to your images.

In the future, I'd be curious to see pictures of the lenses themselves along with your photo essays.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The duck shot is particularly effective. Great mod, too - do you mind if we use one of these images (credited) in the Delta catalogue?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

16:9 wrote:
The duck shot is particularly effective. Great mod, too - do you mind if we use one of these images (credited) in the Delta catalogue?

No problem. Welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice ones Toby! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small