Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 75-260 1:4.5 TX Lens....some photos by it
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Vivitar 75-260 1:4.5 TX Lens....some photos by it Reply with quote

This particular type of Vivitar lens sometimes gets a lot of bad press. I really like it as long as I don't ask it or it's T4 brother to do things it is not capable of. A long way from being a paper weight if you use it right. Don't try too much low light shooting as it is not a fast lens. Don't shoot into the sun as it can have flair and some CA if shot this way. As a 4.5 aperture lens it likes sunlight but not in front of you but get the sun behind you and use a tripod for stability. These were shot hand held and at distances of 25 feet to 100+ feet. The lens is sharpest at f/8- f/11.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, its a perfectly fine lens for most tele use. If you need 250-260mm, this is a very decent option. Not a bad lens to use if on a budget.

I rather like it. The weight helps in hand-holding, and yet its not as bulky or heavy as most of its contemporary alternatives.

The biggest weakness in my eyes is the flare. The aperture limit is typical of this FL, to get a larger aperture at @250mm one would have to pay a very great deal more.

Well done with the birds as usual.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Yes indeed, its a perfectly fine lens for most tele use. If you need 250-260mm, this is a very decent option. Not a bad lens to use if on a budget.

I rather like it. The weight helps in hand-holding, and yet its not as bulky or heavy as most of its contemporary alternatives.

The biggest weakness in my eyes is the flare. The aperture limit is typical of this FL, to get a larger aperture at @250mm one would have to pay a very great deal more.

Well done with the birds as usual.

Thank you and I do agree. For the small amount that this lens costs right now on Ebay it is a very good BUDGET option for those wishing for a Tele Lens.