Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon 1:1.6 14-84mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Fujinon 1:1.6 14-84mm Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have recently acquired an Hitachi VK-C770E colour video camera and it is fitted with a FUJINON-TV ZOOM LENS E6X14AM 1:1.6/14-84 lens.

I think this is a C-Mount lens. Anyone got an idea as to whether it is usable on a micro four-thirds body or not? I would hate to consign such an antique to the bin Smile I can provide pictures if you like.

Thanks in anticipation.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Pictures thereof Reply with quote

Couple of pictures so as you know what it looks like...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it will work on m 4/3, but with some vignetting Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I guess it will work on m 4/3, but with some vignetting Wink

Forgive my ignorance of matters 4/3rds, but why will there be vignetting? Are such lenses designed for a smaller chip perhaps?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct

See this comparison

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Zooms vignetting Reply with quote

I have about 12 of these, various sorts. Collecting over the last year or so.

Only one so far, has had no vignetting. It is quite fast, too! But as heavy as any 35mm zoom.

All the rest are good to great quality, but have massive vignetting issues. While the longer 16mm lenses will cover the 22mm sensor used in m4/3, zooms are too complex and keep costs down by keeping the sensor size in mind all the time. That said, there seem to be some 25mm, 1 inch, zooms and so far I have found only one.

Given the size of the zooms, I have almost lost interest as they approach 35mm zooms in size and weight, but are much faster and usually have a longer range. I am looking forward to seeing the Nikon EVIL mirrorless to see if they are all compatible with it!

My advice is to hold, but swap for a better one!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Movies and Panasonic! Reply with quote

I forgot to add that movie use may be OK with such a zoom. I am relatively new to such use and have yet to experiment with the zooms I have. Being manual, they will be noiseless but fiddly without "pullers" etc.

The area of the m4/3 sensor used is smaller.

Also, Panasonic m4/3 cams allow 2xdigital zoom which loses contrast and some resolution, but gets you a very usable 56 to 334mm zoom! f1.6! (Possibly less)
Given the doubling by format and digizoom. No vignette in some cases.