Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remove rear group from Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm 1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Remove rear group from Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm 1.4 Reply with quote

Hello guys, I have dissassembled and cleaned (remove oil from blades) from Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4 succesfully, but now I am trying to clean fungus from Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm 1.4

I see that the rear group in this SMC is different to how to remove in Super-Takumar.

I put a few photos for if any of you could help me..

Unscrewing this ring I can remove the rear and middle lens from rear group.

The next one shows I say:

The problem is: how to remove the front lens from rear group?

For the other side I see three little screws, but I am afraid to remove this to avoid broke the diaphragm.

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by JoseVelasco on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Remove rear group from Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm 1 Reply with quote

Hi Jose,

welcome to the forum!
you may have wondered why your photos did not show.
this is an anti spam mechanism for first time posters, next time you should be fine

JoseVelasco wrote:
Hello guys, I have dissassembled and cleaned (remove oil from blades) from Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4 succesfully, but now I am trying to clean fungus from Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm 1.4

I see that the rear group in this SMC is different to how to remove in Super-Takumar.

I put a few photos for if any of you could help me..

Unscrewing this ring I can remove the rear and middle lens from rear group.

The next one shows I say:

The problem is: how to remove the front lens from rear group?

For the other side I see three little screws, but I am afraid to remove this to avoid broke the diaphragm.

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much kuuan. Yes I wondered.

Okey I see the photos now! (thanks)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestion how to attack the problem?

Thanks in advance. No one has cleaned a SMC Takumar 50 ?

Good night (from Spain)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mypentax.com/tak50_1_4.html

It might be of some help.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this web when I dissassembled the Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4, but I see differences with Super-Multi-Coated, concretatly in the rear group extraction.

In Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4, the rear group can be removed as a group unscrewing from the internal focus ring.

Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4

Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4

But in S-M-C I cannot remove the whole rear group, I only got remove two glasses one by one, but I need to remove the front glass (third from rear group the front glass).

Sorry I am not explain very good, I try to explain it better than I can.

So, thanks sichko.

Last edited by JoseVelasco on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add other view from the rear group.

It can see the third glass (I need remove this) and one metal ring, but it has not notches to permit remove it.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can help me? Anyone has dissassembled an Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm 1.4?

Thanks Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoseVelasco wrote:
Anyone can help me? Anyone has dissassembled an Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm 1.4?

Thanks Embarassed

I'm afraid I haven't. Are there two elements left with the fungus in between? Or a single element. If only a single element you can clean in place?

If not, then in the last picture of the original post pictures, where you highlight one of three screws, is that a spanner slot nust next to it? Does the whole aperture housing unscrew?

Apologies I can't help more.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just in case, i have found another tutorial here ...

Hope this helps ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
Hi,

Just in case, i have found another tutorial here ...

Hope this helps ...

Cheers

Thank you indianadinos, but I knew this link but it is for Super-Takumar, in Super-Takumar the rear group is screwed and it is easy to remove.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
JoseVelasco wrote:

Thanks Embarassed

I'm afraid I haven't. Are there two elements left with the fungus in between? Or a single element. If only a single element you can clean in place?

If not, then in the last picture of the original post pictures, where you highlight one of three screws, is that a spanner slot nust next to it? Does the whole aperture housing unscrew?

Apologies I can't help more.

Hello martyn_bannister, thank you for answer me.

Yes, it is a single element and I know that I can clean but I prefer does not get dirty the diaphagram.

I have bought other lens part diaphgram S-M-C Takumar from ebay seller and I asked him, the answer him and your answer have help me I finally a minutes ago I have removed the diaphgram succesfully and now I have got access to the front lens of the rear group.

The tip was, remove the three little screws that hold the diaphgram and (it is the key) push the diaphragm from back, then it outs of a piece! and then the fron lens can be removed.

I will try to take photos all proccess.

Thanks to all!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but it is quite relevant to my current situation.

Does anyone know how I get to the stage of the first picture on this thread?
I have successfully removed the trim ring and the front group, reaching the diaphragm. I cleaned a small bit of fungus on the concave element just after the blades.
However there is a bit more spawning on the last element of the rear group. I need to get to the inside of this element, and I see he did so easily. I'm assuming I need to remove the focus ring and aperture assembly to get to this to unscrew it, or is there any other way?
How do I remove the focus ring and subsequent parts to get to the rear group?

Hope someone can help, thank you!

--
This is my first post, so here is a bit on how I ended up here:
A few weeks ago I bought a Pentax SP1000 at a local antique's fair. It had a Carl Zeiss Jenna DDR 50mm f/2.8 mounted on it, and I bought at the same time a Soligor 135mm f/3.5. I then got M42-EOS adapters and tried the lenses on my old 350D and my 5DII. I loved it!
In the meanwhile, I also started using the film Pentax (had never used film before), and I started developing my own BW film at home, which I'm also loving, BTW!

Having found this whole new world of amazing glass at low cost (when compared to all the L glass I own), I have since then bought a few more things: A Canon Elan IIe, a Carl Zeiss Flektogon 35mm f/2.4, an SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 (the later version) and a Spotmatic SPII with a Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm f/1.4 (the one I'm repairing) and a Takumar 85-210 f/4.5.

If there is anything to particularly watch out for on any of these, please let me know.
Cheers everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in the weekend I took apart an m42 zoom lens and cleaned all the elements. It was good training and if it went wrong it wasn't a big loss.

Today I had a crappy day but I got home and decided to tackle the takumar. It's pretty simple, after having done the zoom. Cleaned the elements, it's very good now. I do think there still is a bit of yellow on the inner elements, going to put it in the uv box again to clear the rest.

Cheers!