Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leitz Apo-Macro-Elmarit 2.8/100 on 5dII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Leitz Apo-Macro-Elmarit 2.8/100 on 5dII Reply with quote

My 1st apo arrived 3days ago. Sold the Distagon 1.4/35 Confused to finnace it.
...well think it's a bit from a different planet to what i saw till now. specialy the colors, is it possible that suddenly the raw seems 'thicker'?

It's a version with ROM. Adapter i got from ebay (ericcc1006) misses infinity, have to stop down to 8. Otherwise the adapter is of good quality.

@2.8, iso250

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! great portrait
I wait for more samples of this great lens
personally, I would not exchange my 35:1.4 for a APO 100

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice. No wonder you are now on Leica mode.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your adapter failed to allow infinity focusing, you might consider a better quality adapter:

http://cameraquest.com/frames/4saleReos.htm

This one WILL allow infinity focus as well as stop-down metering, not just f/8 because of the focus issue. They are one of the best ones made and you don't want an expensive lens like the Leica 2,8/100 makro falling off the camera as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shot und super lens. You can perhaps remove the mount/bajonet and screw a new one (www. leitax.com)

I have done this with this lens (and other Leica lenses) and Nikon bayonet. I fully understand you selling your Distagon Cool

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shot, his eyes really stand out! Wink
At times I wonder, when I see a an outstanding pic made with an outstanding lens, what would the shot be like if taken with a "mediocre" lens.. It seems to always go down to the photographer, gear is not what matters.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!!!!
The lens is really special. I congratulate you for both, lens and child.
Greetings

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really promising. Now we all wait for some flower shots, macros and more portraits Very Happy

/T

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the flowers...

will try to make some high contrast, outdoor pictures, in the weekend.
the 2*360 focusing ring turn is quite funny.

regarding the adapter, considering a Kipon Click here to see on Ebay however these don't have programable chips. another option maybe Click here to see on Ebay. Would be happy about any suggestion (:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks James, they look good, but i'm looking for a chipped one (maybe i shouldn't)

james wrote:
If your adapter failed to allow infinity focusing, you might consider a better quality adapter:

This one WILL allow infinity focus as well as stop-down metering, not just f/8 because of the focus issue. They are one of the best ones made and you don't want an expensive lens like the Leica 2,8/100 makro falling off the camera as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darmodej wrote:
thanks James, they look good, but i'm looking for a chipped one (maybe i shouldn't)

james wrote:

As Rolf said, get the mount from Leitax - they also sell dandelion chips ...

I got my mounts from the Chinese (Leica R on Nikon D90) and it worked quite well for me (no focus confirmation) - there are more holes on the mount than f-stops so you'll have 1 or 2 blank f-stops Laughing (only on my summicron R 50/2 if i remember correctly) but they do focus to infinity and they cost half or less than half of Leitax/CamQ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, leitax seems to make nikon/pentax. me on canon now, also like to use those old lenses on old bodies (:

...so an adapter is currently the only option for me, will try some and report..