Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Seikanon 3,5/28-100 macro PK mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Seikanon 3,5/28-100 macro PK mount Reply with quote

Is anyone familiar with this lens?

Last edited by uddhava on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a late SUN lens due to aperture ring and focusing scale font. That is all i can come up with.

Last edited by Pancolart on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The K to begin the serial number is probably a clue. Kobori?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunagor (SUN) is very close to final answer. See image bellow. It also answers your topic Ian: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=37666

And as always a possible alternative: Click here to see on Ebay Smile
http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Ozone_Optical

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to bet it's pretty bad, these 1970s cheap zooms are almost without exception awful.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the companion 80~200/4.5, with same characteristics and K in serial, labeled TOU/Five Star. I think Ozone as focus action and scale differs from Kobori.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the information. I thought the knowledge could be useful for others also. I inherited the lens along with some others, all zooms in worse condition than this.
I was hoping to hear it was good, but I won't expect much from this lens now.