Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya C33 Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Mamiya C33 Repair Reply with quote

Really fits in different sections of this forum but I guess care and repair is best.

I will be outlining everything I did to put this TLR back in commission. I have just posted Part 1 about the body.

http://photographeronbudget.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/mamiya-c33-tlr-repair-part-1.html

Other parts will follow. Let me know what you think. I hope anyone finds this helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, so far is looking good. Just take more pictures of the process!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot.

I have added another image with text detailing what the gears are and how it should work.

Next post will be regarding the focusing screen and calibration.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: Part II Reply with quote

Posted Part II of the repair process. Sorry for the late post I'm just busy doing other things.

http://photographeronbudget.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/mamiya-c33-tlr-repair-part-2.html

In this part: focusing screen structure and focus calibration.
Also light-seals replacement.

Let me know what you think.

Leave comments, share, donate, send me old cameras, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent tutorial, and a good blog. I guess the setting of the focusing screen will be the same on other Mamiya TLR's. I need to do the light seals on my C3 Pro' so I'll follow your advice as a good starting point.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, Lloydy. Knowing it is helpful encourages me to do more.

I'm actually on a donations-campaign for my tuition (really bad situation, see the link in my signature) and this is why this blog is up. I'm glad it's helping anyway.

Upcoming post - 3rd and last part: the lens!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 3 is here:

The LENS! Mamiya Sekor 80mm f2.8 twin lens with a jammed aperture.

http://photographeronbudget.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/mamiya-c33-repair-part-3-sekor-80mm-f28.html

Basically this is a teardown and aperture oil problem. But should be helpful to many. I hope to get lots of feedback I'm working hard to provide useful blog entries to the world.

This concludes the repairs that I did to get this camera/lens pair back in business. I have already shot a film through it.

Was waiting for a second film in my Mamiya 645 to finish so I can process both using the same expensive C41 chemicals, but to my dismay, I found out too late that the film I had shot in the C33 TLR, the Provia 100F, was in fact a slide film requiring E-6 processing, for which I do not have the chemicals.

Any ideas? Time to try cross processing?