Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

(First Post) Just picked up a briefcase of lenses, opinions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Keep or Sell
Keep
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: (First Post) Just picked up a briefcase of lenses, opinions? Reply with quote

AWESOME FORUM! THIS IS MY FIRST POST. Cant wait to see the replys!

So i picked up a briefcase full of lenses and cameras the other day at an estate sale.
They look to be in pristine condition.
What i acquired are the following:

Yashikor 28mm f/2.8
Yashikor 135mm f/2.8
Vivtar 20mm f/3.8

Along with the lenses i got a Pentax K1000 & a Pentax Spotmatic F

ANYWAYS...

I was in the market for buying a new prime manual focus lens and had my eye on the samyang 85mm f/1.8.

My question is, what is everyone's opinions on these lenses? Should I utilize them? Should I sell them?

I ordered the adaptors to fit the Canon EF mount. They have not arrived yet. Hence the anticipation is killing me and im looking for any opinion on them!

I shoot mostly music videos for punk and hardcore bands.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by LividVideo on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
In my opinion sell all and buy something better one, but first try them out, may some of them touch your heart, who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome!
In my opinion sell all and buy something better one, but first try them out, may some of them touch your heart, who knows.

Agree.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome!

As i was pressing the submit button. The FedEx truck pulled up with my adaptors... sad to say... im not very impressed.
I use a Canon FL 55mm f/1.2 a lot, and i love it.

Out of all 3 of these though... the only one that seems to have any potential in my kit is the 28mm.
I think I may sell them.