Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

(First Post) Just picked up a briefcase of lenses, opinions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Keep or Sell
Keep
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: (First Post) Just picked up a briefcase of lenses, opinions? Reply with quote

AWESOME FORUM! THIS IS MY FIRST POST. Cant wait to see the replys!

So i picked up a briefcase full of lenses and cameras the other day at an estate sale.
They look to be in pristine condition.
What i acquired are the following:

Yashikor 28mm f/2.8
Yashikor 135mm f/2.8
Vivtar 20mm f/3.8

Along with the lenses i got a Pentax K1000 & a Pentax Spotmatic F

ANYWAYS...

I was in the market for buying a new prime manual focus lens and had my eye on the samyang 85mm f/1.8.

My question is, what is everyone's opinions on these lenses? Should I utilize them? Should I sell them?

I ordered the adaptors to fit the Canon EF mount. They have not arrived yet. Hence the anticipation is killing me and im looking for any opinion on them!

I shoot mostly music videos for punk and hardcore bands.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by LividVideo on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
In my opinion sell all and buy something better one, but first try them out, may some of them touch your heart, who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome!
In my opinion sell all and buy something better one, but first try them out, may some of them touch your heart, who knows.

Agree.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome!

As i was pressing the submit button. The FedEx truck pulled up with my adaptors... sad to say... im not very impressed.
I use a Canon FL 55mm f/1.2 a lot, and i love it.

Out of all 3 of these though... the only one that seems to have any potential in my kit is the 28mm.
I think I may sell them.