Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bittco 135mm f2.8 Repair guide/info
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Bittco 135mm f2.8 Repair guide/info Reply with quote

I got a Bittco 135 f2.8 for .50 cents at a an block yard sale here in Vegas. The Lens mount is missing all 3 screws, So it is loose. I need to find the pointed little set screws to put the mount back on. I believe the mount is Exacta but not sure. I need t to be 4/3 so I plan to buy some cheap macro tubes and make some mods to make it fit, unless you guys have some better Ideas.

I also need to find the little baby screw driver toi get at the baby flat heads between the focus barrel indentions. It seems to be Lind of loose. Infinity seems to be held in place by a single philips screw but the howle focus ring seems loose. The top unscrews to reveal the top element. the lens seems super simple.

I want to go thru this lens and make it as perfect as I can the glass, has no fungus, and cleaned up fairly nice with a blower, a lens pen brush and a micro cloth, no chems needed yet.

Please help me ID the mount, (also give suggestions as to 4/3 mount conversion.

Next where to source a Good set of tiny flat screw drivers.

Next find some heave grease to replace the stuff I have wiped off cleaning it,. There was dust in the grease. I need a heavy film type of grease, one that heat wont break down and it will stay put.

If there is a known documents of lens repair for this glass I would like to see it, I cant find much via google.

here is the lens, I wish I did a total before shot, It was Jacked up. Now it looks almost like a lens. Before I got it home I felt like I WASTED .50 CENTS, LOL
un able to post Set on flickr or url to flickr for that matter

Edit**** I can see all of my images fine when I click preview, but when I submit. I get the little boxes. (new red x versions). What si going on

Search Tom Shue on flickr and look for the Bittco set. Wow been a long time since I had my but kicked by forum code, A long time! **** end of edit INfo

Posting Flicker set Url's seems to not work either, I hosted the images on my website in a back room folder and the IMG code works fine , Strange. I must need HTML privi's here to use Html as it is turned on and BBC code didn't work, Maybe I need to use Photobucket, Anyways, I hope I can get some help here, Thanks AKf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Bittco 135mm f2.8 Repair guide/info Reply with quote

Welcome to forum Tom! Thanks for posting guide/info. I believe this lens is T2 mount. The T2 to whatever-mount-that-is adapter should unscrew from the lens revealing the T2 threads. A T2 adapter for your camera can then be used on the lens instead.

Image posting is disabled for new member to prevent spam

akfreak wrote:
I got a Bittco 135 f2.8 for .50 cents at a an block yard sale here in Vegas. The Lens mount is missing all 3 screws, So it is loose. I need to find the pointed little set screws to put the mount back on. I believe the mount is Exacta but not sure. I need t to be 4/3 so I plan to buy some cheap macro tubes and make some mods to make it fit, unless you guys have some better Ideas.

I also need to find the little baby screw driver toi get at the baby flat heads between the focus barrel indentions. It seems to be Lind of loose. Infinity seems to be held in place by a single philips screw but the howle focus ring seems loose. The top unscrews to reveal the top element. the lens seems super simple.

I want to go thru this lens and make it as perfect as I can the glass, has no fungus, and cleaned up fairly nice with a blower, a lens pen brush and a micro cloth, no chems needed yet.

Please help me ID the mount, (also give suggestions as to 4/3 mount conversion.

Next where to source a Good set of tiny flat screw drivers.

Next find some heave grease to replace the stuff I have wiped off cleaning it,. There was dust in the grease. I need a heavy film type of grease, one that heat wont break down and it will stay put.

If there is a known documents of lens repair for this glass I would like to see it, I cant find much via google.

here is the lens, I wish I did a total before shot, It was Jacked up. Now it looks almost like a lens. Before I got it home I felt like I WASTED .50 CENTS, LOL
un able to post Set on flickr or url to flickr for that matter

Edit**** I can see all of my images fine when I click preview, but when I submit. I get the little boxes. (new red x versions). What si going on

Search Tom Shue on flickr and look for the Bittco set. Wow been a long time since I had my but kicked by forum code, A long time! **** end of edit INfo

Posting Flicker set Url's seems to not work either, I hosted the images on my website in a back room folder and the IMG code works fine , Strange. I must need HTML privi's here to use Html as it is turned on and BBC code didn't work, Maybe I need to use Photobucket, Anyways, I hope I can get some help here, Thanks AKf