Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 250mm T4....one of the rarer ones.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 250mm T4....one of the rarer ones. Reply with quote

You don't see many of these around. I guess they were not sold in as large quantities as the 200 or 300mm lens that bracket it. 250mm is sort of an oddball size being just 50mm more than a 200mm prime and only 50mm shorter than a 300mm prime. The original purchase price in 1970 dollars was $120 for the 250mm f/4.5 T4 but $150 for the 200mm f/3.5 T4 and $130 for the 300mm 5.5 T4. The faster 200mm was costlier and the slower 300mm was only $10 more. Really made for a harder decision. Anyway here it is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one what I seen! Congrats!! Can you publish some pictures too , taken with this lens ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
First one what I seen! Congrats!! Can you publish some pictures too , taken with this lens ?

Yes in another post.

http://forum.mflenses.com/photos-from-the-vivitar-250mm-f-4-5-t4-lens-t32447.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this as a Soligor. Its pretty good actually. Better than the 200mm in the series.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
I have this as a Soligor. Its pretty good actually. Better than the 200mm in the series.

I agree!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is a big beautiful lens. Is it pre-1970?

I really love Vivitar T4 lenses from this series. They are usually good, and extremely durable workhorses.
I've put the Pentax Genuine adapter on one T4 mount, drilled a hole for the locking pin, and I switch it between my T4 lenses.

Thanks for the info, and for letting us see this one. Nice photos too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Zen wrote:
Now that is a big beautiful lens. Is it pre-1970?

I really love Vivitar T4 lenses from this series. They are usually good, and extremely durable workhorses.
I've put the Pentax Genuine adapter on one T4 mount, drilled a hole for the locking pin, and I switch it between my T4 lenses.

Thanks for the info, and for letting us see this one. Nice photos too.

Thanks Jeff. This is a 1970 lens. I too like the T4's. They are all very heavy duty and do a nice job.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Big Dawg. You have been an inspiration.
I am in Louisiana. I watch for your posts.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Zen wrote:
Thanks Big Dawg. You have been an inspiration.
I am in Louisiana. I watch for your posts.

I'm humbled and honored my friend.