Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Barfield Tarn in the mist
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Barfield Tarn in the mist Reply with quote

It was bright and sunny but also misty, so distance shots were low contrast and hazy.

HDR version, I bumped up the contrast.

HDR again but with further processing.

Stitched from 10 frames. Sony NEX-3 with Fujinon-TV 1.8/75 at f8.

100% crop to show level of detail in the full 68mp version.

Rusty gate next to my vantage point over the tarn. 5 shot HDR.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some random shots taken from the same spot with a CZJ Prakticar (Sonnar) 3.5/135 at f8. This lens has fantastic resolution and microcontrast, the latter is somewhat masked by the misty conditions, but a lesser lens would produce totally flat images in this setting. I haven't touched the contrast, just applied some sharpening then resized for web.

This might be my best 135mm lens, of which I have some great ones like the Hexanon 3.2/135, Tele-Xenar 4/135, Opton Sonnar 4/135 for Contax and RE Auto Topcor3.5/135. Anyways, those are the top 5 out of the many I own.