Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta with pinholes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Exakta with pinholes Reply with quote

I had a nice purchase on a thrift market lately (http://forum.mflenses.com/what-are-the-biggest-bargains-you-have-found-t27202,highlight,enna,start,135.html). The old camera appeared to work well, but the samples make clear that the shuttercurtains are not light tight anymore. Anyone an idea how to get new rubberized cloth for replacement?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
you can try to paint the pinholes with something black.
black nail polish if you can find one Laughing

I have the same pinholes on an ancient Exacta VX an tried to paint them with red one but it didn't worked.

There are still bright spots on the images - like this near the hand.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used some kind of painting for a leaking bellows of a prewar Balda, that worked rather well sofar. But the first curtain of the Exakta is wrinkled, so I don't expect that the trick can do the job. And it is quite a gathering of pinholes, not a single one.