Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aparture ring screw / Biometar 80mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Aparture ring screw / Biometar 80mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Oops!

Opend lens and cleaned it inside out. Everything went fine, until I noticed that it was missing probably a screw from aparture ring. I think it's purpose is to engage the ring to the lever that moves the aperture blades, but now it's loose, and aparture won't stay as selected.

But, does anybody know any specs of this screw, or is it a screw at all. I was thinking of going to a local clocksmith to ask for the screw.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a clocksmith. He found a spring from that aparture ring. luckily it had been so dirty that it has not fell of from that hole where it was. Spring is aprox. 2,5mm.
I also got new ball bearing from the same shop, it is 1mm, and works like a charm.
One thing that was weird, was that there were no thread on the other side of that hole, as the hole pierce the ring. Before I dismanteld my lens, there was a screw, but clocksmith said that there hasen't ever been threads. Our wise conclusion was, that it is intended for maintenance; adding grease.

Sorry for my poor english, but the point was clear?