Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Prague and Czech Paradise - hazy and foggy days
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Prague and Czech Paradise - hazy and foggy days Reply with quote

All taken over the past while with my favorite manual focus trio. I keep wondering if moving to full frame is the path for me eventually. I love the framing that the CZJ 135 gives on a crop sensor, easily my favorite lens, or close to it.

Prague sunrise
Jupiter 21M

Full moon rising
Pentacon 300mm

CZJ 135mm

After sunset
CZJ 135mm

Venus sets after sunset over a valley in Czech Paradise
CZJ 135mm

A 2 minute moonlit exposure of Lomnice nad Popelkou and Jested hill in the background
CZJ 135mm

Moonset over Prague Castle
Jupiter 21M

Pentacon 300mm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Great images!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice

I really like #1. Looks almost fake.
I'm glad I await a Jupiter 21M Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Prague!!

I love that city too much -- I have nice memories from there Wink

The first one is from another planet!!! but I love them all

and dave_t == I can assure you that the Sonnar 3.5/135 is PERFECT on full frame.

tf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My choice is #1 too, nice one!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the comments, I won't bore you all with the backstory behind #1, but I waited around 30 minutes for the fog to part just enough to get the castle peeking through. The Jupiter was the perfect length to get it all in. This is from a few minutes later with the 135 after the fog started to disappear:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great ones indeed!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Prague and Czech Paradise - hazy and foggy days Reply with quote

dave_t wrote:

Prague sunrise
Jupiter 21M

Wow. the photo of this week. Castle in heaven.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent shots!very very interesting esp first two and last one for me Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly fantastic shots! The composition on those is great, the only thing I miss, is a bit more of contrast, but that's normal when shooting the distant horizon. (I know it's very difficult to shoot the horizon, esp. at longer focal length like the 135mm or 300mm, atmospheric conditions must be perfect for a picture to come out sharp and contrasty enough. Generally it's best to shoot after strong wind, when the weather clears out.) Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely stunning series of images Dave,

Like everyone else, i think #1 is amazing.