Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar : 15, 55, 1000mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Takumar : 15, 55, 1000mm Reply with quote

SMC Takumar 15/3.5 :

Takumar 55/2.2 :

Tele-Takumar 1000/8 :

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1000mm ? Shocked how can you handle it Laughing Nice to see different focal lengths in action.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my hands Razz I've taken some shots, I'm planning to do a quick tutorial about handhelding long lenses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, handheld a 1000mm lens. You must have a steady and strong hand.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
With my hands Razz I've taken some shots, I'm planning to do a quick tutorial about handhelding long lenses

I've shot long tele lenses handheld before, but you really have to have a high shutter speed to pull it off. My results when I used a tripod and mirror lock up (old film cameras, of course) were so much better, I deferred to them whenever I could. Now if you have in-body image stabilization, well then good for you, but not everybody has this.

BTW, that big gun's bokeh are nice, eh? How are the chromatic aberrations?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the 15 mm fired on a crop camera?
I don't feel the perspective "suction" that this focal lenght usually delivers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have the stabilization, and I'm used to use long lenses. I planned to post a tutorial, I just have to write it.
For the CAs, I don't know, because I don't really search for them. If my test shots satisfy me, CAs are not a problem, if the shots don't satisfy me, this is often a sharpness or bokeh problem (if the problem comes from the lens) Wink
All these shots are on my K100D, I don't use color films Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work with the 1000, never found one available, would definitely love to add it to my collection. Looking forward to your tutorial as well, although I find the biggest problem to be focus, rather than the actual holding of the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, what camera do you use with your long lenses?

With film cameras and long lenses, I prefer plain ground glass screens because the microprism/split-image focusing aids are pretty much useless with lenses slower than f/4 or so.

And of course, AF SLRs and DSLR almost always have plain matte screens. It takes some practice focusing accurately with a plain matte screen, but after a while you should get the hang of it. Focusing aids, like viewfinder eyepieces that magnify the image also help. And of course with some DSLRs there's Live View.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Dave, what camera do you use with your long lenses?

With film cameras and long lenses, I prefer plain ground glass screens because the microprism/split-image focusing aids are pretty much useless with lenses slower than f/4 or so.

And of course, AF SLRs and DSLR almost always have plain matte screens. It takes some practice focusing accurately with a plain matte screen, but after a while you should get the hang of it. Focusing aids, like viewfinder eyepieces that magnify the image also help. And of course with some DSLRs there's Live View.

I'm currently using a Canon 40D with standard screen. I've never been satisfied with my manual focusing with this screen and have resorted to live view for basically all shots, I also like how live view gives me the full frame, whereas the viewfinder is a bit smaller. I'm slowly starting to use my K1000 as well, which makes manual focusing a lot lot easier.