Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

how to - tessar disassembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: how to - tessar disassembly Reply with quote

i had czj tessar that didn't close diaphragm, aperture ring just spinned around the lens... i've looked around the net and i found few how-to guides, but problem was that in those tessar has screws on the rear side where the mount is...mine didn't , no screws at all and it's fully automatic version ( serial is 6762834), so i was at a loss how to open it...managed to unscrew the front plate of the lens but further than that nothing...until recently...so i'll post this how-to to help others that may come upon tessar with back like mine...
so here we go...

the lens

the back

as you can see no screws...and the trick is...back plate unscrews as a whole, turn counterclockwise

after back plate is off, you can see metal ring that makes this lens fully automatic, it is held in place by a pin by the dof lever and tied to the rest of the lens by the spring on the oposite side. take it off the pin and be careful not to let the spring unhook itself because it's pain to return it in it's place (not hard but patience testing). now you can unscrew 4 screw that hold this plate to the lens, position of the screws is unique so reassembly won't be a problem.

now you have access to the aperture ring and to the spring that opens the iris and you can fix what's faulty

to reassemble the back of the lens, just go backwards, only thing you have to watch after is to put the automatic ring right, with screwdriver pull out the lever of the aperture pin (no.1 in the next pic) and put the automatic ring's lever inside the aperture pin lever, also lever that pulls the spring that opens the iris (no.2 in the next pic)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and that's how to do that with this version of tessar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi WolverineX,
thank you for the explanation. I have drawings (PDF) from 1947, and 3 other repair explanations from the net, but no one on this version of the Tessar.
My first Tessar was repaired with the advice from:
http://oomz.net/tessar/
but my preset Praktina Tessar and the newest one, a 1964-65 version is not seen among the internet solutions.

Attila and the other moderators shold make a section for repair tips.

Flemming Sorensen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flemming wrote:

Attila and the other moderators shold make a section for repair tips.

this is the section for repair tips

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have the Exakta Tessar 2.8/50 (serial 60*****)version and its disassembly instructions?

Last edited by mo on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing your experience!