Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon TV-16 13/1.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Canon TV-16 13/1.5 Reply with quote

There is always the quest for the useable wide angle for the MFT format. One of my personal favorites is this Canon lens. It does vignette but not as much as others I have seen in this length. You can get up to about 1' to your subject which is great. Color saturation could be a bit better but there is a lot of potential just by adjusting in-camera parameters or in PP. These two are just jpgs out of the camera, uncropped, only auto-contrast in Picasa applied, taken with the GH1 in 1:1 format outside of my office. Sorry, no bikini shots, yet Wink

Stefan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, I've often wondered how well TV lenses work on still cameras, so it's nice seeing these shots. Please post more.

Now that that's outa the way, I gotta ask about your Beemer. I too own an R90/6, and mine looks to be in about the same shape yours is -- that is, well-ridden Cool Hey, that's what the old Beemer boxers are for, right? Right? Sorry to hijack your thread, but I want to know (we can take this to PMs if you like).

So, what year is yours? I can't tell from this angle.

I note you have the later style bags. I have a set like that that came with my '88 R100RS. My '76 R90 has a set of original Hepco and Becker bags. I like 'em, but I think I like the later BMW bags like what you have better.

I bought my R100RS from a guy who lives in Galveston, Texas, which is right on the Gulf Coast. I see you're in Hawaii. The exhaust headers on my R100 look just like yours -- all rusted up -- one of the downsides of living close to that invigorating salt air, I suppose.

Great bike, ain't it? I reckon my R90 will outlast me. I'll be willing it to my grandkids.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

sorry to say this but the Beemer isn't mine - it belongs to a colleague and while I was on the way to my car I thought this makes a much better motive than my run-down Sebring convertible Smile

Stefan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right enough about that. Cool

Anyway, post more pics taken with that lens when you can. 100% crops would be useful as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a quick comparison shot, nothing scientific. Taken with the Canon 13/1.5 wide open at 16.9 format. Nothing done to the pics except 'auto tone' in LR3 and minimal auto-sharpening on export.

The first shot shows the whole picture, in the the second one I have cropped out the vignetting to a reasonable point. The third picture is taken with the Panasonic 20/1.7 from the same spot.

My personal conclusions: The little Canon is not bad when it comes to center sharpness, but it clearly falls off toward the edges. That limits it's use a bit but if you want that effect, it can be quite interesting. I also think that in 1:1 format the lens is not bad at all - not on the overall level of the native Panasonic lenses but I still like it.

I'd love to hear what you think - any comments?

Stefan