Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Dreaded Domiplan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: The Dreaded Domiplan Reply with quote

I have inherited a Meyer Domiplan 50mm/2.8 with aperture blades stuck wide open.
Is it a difficult fix to get them working again?
Wide open it renders nicely and might be worth resurrecting.
Here are some samples wide open - not the Domiplan's best aperture I know, but not bad nonetheless:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Dreaded Domiplan Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
I have inherited a Meyer Domiplan 50mm/2.8 with aperture blades stuck wide open.
Is it a difficult fix to get them working again?
Wide open it renders nicely and might be worth resurrecting.
Here are some samples wide open - not the Domiplan's best aperture I know, but not bad nonetheless:

I had an Exakta version which had a stuck aperture, it was a relatively easy fix. There was a little hinged bracket shaped piece inside that had somehow gotten flipped all the way around. Simply flipping it back into position made the aperture work again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

I would leave it as-is,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the first lens I pulled apart. Great fun! And greater getting it workong again. From memory, all mine needed was a clean.

Give it agoyamug :p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
Tom,

I would leave it as-is,

Renato

Thanks Renato.
I have dressed one of the images up a bit - I like the look.
OH

@ Tromboads
Give it agoyamug :p

Yeah, why not.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you have some useful information:

http://forum.mflenses.com/fixing-a-domiplan-50mm-2-8-warning-many-pics-t48703,highlight,%2Bdomiplan.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davichin wrote:
Here you have some useful information:

http://forum.mflenses.com/fixing-a-domiplan-50mm-2-8-warning-many-pics-t48703,highlight,%2Bdomiplan.html

Thank you Davichin for the link.
It is very useful.
I have just noticed that this is my 1000th post on MF Lenses.
What better way to mark the milestone than with a thank you.
This forum and its people have so much to give, and I am grateful for all that is posted.
My thanks to all.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few Domiplan copies in Exakta mount, lots of variation among them. A couple are coated, some are not. One has a metal shutter trigger, others plastic. The one with the metal shutter trigger seems to have the best coating. They all seem to be able to take decent pictures, but I've seen samples online of other variations that were pretty terrible. Seems hit or miss.