Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta FR 500mm Mirror
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Minolta FR 500mm Mirror Reply with quote

Latest toy:

Tried it with MD adapter on Panny and when I tried to focus the whole thing seemed to shake.. especially in live view! The FAR heavier (with battery pack) Olympus E1 seems much more stable! lol

Too dark for tests so tomorrow (sun and shake willing?) lol

Doug

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice combo! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing your results.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

Me too Wink
Interested in what you can get out of this lens Smile

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Posted one result - not quite in focus! The lens is a NIGHTMARE on 4/3 as it gives an effective focal length (digital crop) of 1000mm !!! lol It requires a nice heavy tripod, the E1 not the Panny L1 (too light) and preferably fewer kids in danger of knocking the whole rig over... Mirror lockup might have been prudent too, in retrospect?

I have learned now to bracket focus Smile The next tranche seem better and the lens is very sharp - it's just a matter of getting it very sharp on the subject, rather than the foreground or background.. lol

Look for my recent post which shows a tiger at the local zoo.. some of the bamboo is amazingly sharp - the tiger.. not so much! Smile Smile

http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-mirror-rf-500mm-first-shot-t36336.html

Doug

Jesito wrote:
mo wrote:

Me too Wink
Interested in what you can get out of this lens Smile

Regards.
Jes.