Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flowers - do you see a difference
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Flowers - do you see a difference Reply with quote

I ran my first film through my Praktina FX camera. At the moment I have three lenses - a tessar 2.8/50 a biotar 2/58 and another tessar for bellows.

I did a short test to try if I can see a difference.

One is with the Tessar, one with the Biotar and one with a Nikkor 1.8/50 which I had with me at the same time.

All three with f4.0 and 1/1000s, though I dont really know the Nikon shot which was on automatic (Nikon F90X). Film was a very cheap (40ct) ISO 100 from the drugstore (supposedly Kodak consumer stuff).

All scanned with a Minolta 5400. Only postprocessing was a slight colour correction (tried to remove a red cast) and resizing (no sharpening).

Can someone see a difference and identify the lenses?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 stands out more,It appears more sharper than the others?More depth in the whole photo.I have no idea about what lens was used Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess, Tessar, Biotar and Nikkor in this order.

Regards,
Jes,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
I would guess, Tessar, Biotar and Nikkor in this order.
Regards,
Jes,

Yes you are right. Did you see it or just guessed.

I was wondering if I could see differences in out of focus behaviour but those are not that big IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! Jes you are the lens expert! Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would know only Nikkor glass but feel differences between Zeiss Tessar and Zeiss Biotar is hard to define by my opinion.
Good example... maybe if every shot has same focus point would be rather nicer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...maybe if every shot has same focus point would be rather nicer.

That was hard task since it was quiete windy that day. I was glad that there is something in focus, after all.

As mentioned above it was my first film in the Praktina to check if everything was working so I shot the first half of it with the Tessar and the second half with the Biotar to see if there are much differences (it is also my first Biotar lens).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IANUS wrote:
Quote:
...maybe if every shot has same focus point would be rather nicer.

That was hard task since it was quiete windy that day. I was glad that there is something in focus, after all.

=) ok then
IANUS wrote:

As mentioned above it was my first film in the Praktina to check if everything was working so I shot the first half of it with the Tessar and the second half with the Biotar to see if there are much differences (it is also my first Biotar lens).

What difference do you noticed? Biotar performs better, isn't it?