Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gold Mine ruins (for Rolf)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Gold Mine ruins (for Rolf) Reply with quote

I have put this here as you may need the large size to read the Map of the ruins,well here goes.....
Most of these were taken with the Macro Tak F4/50mm,Soligor 2.8/135mm and the Super Tak 1.8/55mm on ASA 400 Fuji Xtra.
#1 Map of ruins Super Tak

#2 Viewing platform

#3 From left Buddle (circle area) First building Upper water wheel,2nd building office.(adjusted cuvres in Gimp)

#4 Buddle and tailings pits (adjusted curves in gimp)

#5 Tailings pits

#6 Lower water wheel.

#7 looking down on office and upper water wheel.

#8 Pathway past the office.

#10 Looking across at the viewing platform..Macro Tak

#11 Macro Tak F16/250 This building is up the valley,I can not remember what it was for...sorry.

#12 Soligor 2.8/135mm

#13And now for something different...proud of this one Hand held.Macro Tak F8/500

I hope you enjoyed this tour of a local historical site,While we were there we witnessed a Red belly black snake having a swim in the creek.This area once had a population of about 20,000+ thousand in the gold boom,Population now about 1300 on a good day.The whole area where you see the buddle, office and water wheels were covered under a large wooden building/structure ...So this was a very large gold producing area.Yes there is still gold in the creeks...you just have to know where to look Very Happy Great fun panning for gold!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo Mo,

many, many thanks for these nice images.

I thought in the meantime that you have forgotten that you would show me (us) the ruins. But as I can see - femals are (always) reliable.

It seems reallly a great area for shooting and I can understand that you have had a lot of fun during panning for gold. Hopefully you have found some ounces. Looks a little bit like Greece or Turkey with old ruins too.

My faves are 6, 8 and 11.

Many thanks again for sharing these images.

Best regards from Germany
Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the drawbacks of using film and not developing it yourself...can take awhile when someone else does it! Very Happy
No ounces of gold only specks ...at least it is something Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 and 8 for me, too, plus 10 and the close-up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just lovely - and I envy you your ability to achieve excellent macro results handheld! Whether or not you found gold, you came back with some treasures.

There is always something terribly evocative about ruins, whether they're the remains of castles, abbeys or industrial structures. As it happens, these photos remind me of the ruins of several bog-iron furnaces not far from where I live.

Thank you so much for posting these!

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello !

What a nice tour.
Thanks a lot Moira.
#8 is really great.

Very Happy