Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens test database
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Lens test database Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was wondering if any sort of lens test database is available for the manual focus lenses (I am pretty sure its not though). So I was wondering cant we start one such database? Members at this forum own a huge variety of manual focus lens and I am sure few people know how to do lens testing. So they can share the methodology and then we can make our own database in which different members can contribute.

Ash

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.photodo.com
www.photozone.de
www.slrlensreview.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
www.photodo.com
www.photozone.de
www.slrlensreview.com

They do not cover even 5% of the manual lenses which we generally talk here on this forum. Also most of the review are personal rather than proper optic tests.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the reviews aren't perfect, I agree with some results and disagree with other... anyway, I made a list of sorted reviews some time ago (Pentax Limited lenses are included, I think they are primarily designed for manual focusing):

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent contribution Jiri, thanks for sharing!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiri, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, thank you!
klaus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A caveat about the excellent database above; www.photozone.de reviews are heavily weighted toward crop sensor cameras, and lower-res ones in reviews older than 2 years. Only recently have they begun to do reviews on FF sensors and updating others with higher resolution crop sensors. www.slrlensreviews.com, by contrast, will have both and a comparison of performance is readily available. He has just updated the website and many of the reviews. Because low vs high res crop vs. FF aren't directly comparable and stand on their own, a notation may be useful.