Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New R-D1 owner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: New R-D1 owner Reply with quote

First day with the most odd-ball digital camera ever made. First impression is that... well... this camera shouldn't exist. It's far too strange the way it walks between the digital and analogue world.

Here are some quick shots with the only lens I have a VC 21/4. Hopefully you can see some of the strengths and weakness of the 6mp sensor in this metal box. :

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! A fine piece ... had it once and is still in the excellent hands of a member here. Well, I certainly see
the "strength and weaknesses" but not necessarily of that 6Mp sensor or the lens ... Wink Wink
"oddball"? Does the lack of understanding of a concept qualifies for that statement? Why did you buy it if you don't like it??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Klaus, even you will have to admit this camera is "strange"... and I know you are an athority on STRANGE. Laughing If in 1999, someone told you that the first digital rangefinder would be produced by Epson off and on for 7 years with no less than in three different versions all with the SAME sensor and practically no changes to each "update" and then Epson would never make a single other camera... you'd maybe see that concept as oddball. As it's been reported, the M8 wouldn't exist unless Epson had travelled down this road with Cosina.

I never said I didn't like it. Only that it is strange. A very oddball digital camera. The shutter cocking lever makes everyone do a double take. "You're using film!?!?" To which you can calmly reply... "Sure." Because you've hidden your LCD display.

Anyway, more pics from day 2:

[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, a weird camera indeed, but it continues to fascinate me for some reason. i really like the results ive seen, probably because those who have it also have some talent. the back of the blonde is a very good shot, as is the cigarette smoker. good luck with it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

This is one of the "would-like-to-have" cameras. Wink