Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kern Paillard Switar H16RX 50mm f1.4 Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Kern Paillard Switar H16RX 50mm f1.4 Macro Reply with quote

Just found a mint, I even think never used (new in package) Kern Paillard Switar H16RX 50mm f1.4 Macro. I never knew this one existed and now it is part of my lens collection Wink

Can't wait for some sunny weather to mount it on my GH2 and shoot some nice macro's....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should almost cover APS-C sensor, so try it on NEX if you get a chance Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: some new shots... Reply with quote

I really enjoy this lens Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it...

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerryMK wrote:
Love it...

Really nice! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Macro-Switars and this one hardly vignettes on the NEX. Stopped down it vignettes more just like the Schneider 50/0.95 and I am wondering whether the mount opening actually gets in the way, especially since people are said to adapt the Schneider to Leica M8 and say that it covers it!

What do you folks think?

And here are some snaps. It has a lovely sharpness to bokeh combination that render the images in a unique way. Summilux for the MILC users, I think.

backlit:

macro:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One remarkable thing I notice about this lens (apart from the amazing bokeh) is that it seems to produce practically no CA. I mean less than the modern Summilux ASPH. Does anybody know what's up with that? Is it apochromatically corrected? Is there any info on lens design?