Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon to EOS adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Nikon to EOS adapter Reply with quote

First time for me buying a lens with a Nikon mount.
It didn't arrive it yet but I want to buy an adapter.
That's all the seller said about it, that is, having a Nikon mount.
Is there any differences between AI and non AI mount?
Recommend me a seller please.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon to EOS adapter Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
First time for me buying a lens with a Nikon mount.
It didn't arrive it yet but I want to buy an adapter.
That's all the seller said about it, that is, having a Nikon mount.
Is there any differences between AI and non AI mount?
Recommend me a seller please.

From your point of view (digital usage on Canon EOS) no differences, most lenses are advanced when Nikon did switch from Non-AI to AI or AIS.

I have no experience with Canon cameras , so I can't suggest any adapter I also never heard problem with Nikon - Canon adapter. Jinfinance Ebay seller have very good reputation I purchase my adapters from him , Alex (hk300) and Roxsen.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 13 Nikon primes, mostly pre-AI or AI and have never problem on APS-C [crop] Canon. Some small issues on 5DmkII, but easy remedy.
I got my adapters from fotodiox. [Illinois]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
I'll go with fotodiox.
I've bought from them before.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is slightly off topic but what's the diff between pre-AI or AI and if getting one to fit to a 5D MKII which one is better? I was hoping to get a couple of Nikon primes to use on my 5D MKII.