Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron 105mm f2.8 Canon FD mount diafragm not changing...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Kiron 105mm f2.8 Canon FD mount diafragm not changing... Reply with quote

Hi, anyone familiar with the Kiron 105mm f2.8 Canon FD mount version? I just got this lens and whatever I try the diafragm in locked position does not adjust when turning the diafragm ring. The iris stays only set at what seems something like 11 or 16.

However when I release the diafragm lock it goes wide open so the iris is not stuck.

Any ideas? help is appreciated!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi as far as i know, the lens must be mounted and locked before the aperture works
Try to mount first and then check from the front of the lens if it opens correctly while turning the aperture ring
Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daniel, thanks. That is what I am doing. But when mounted and locked the iris stays in one position while moving the aperture ring. If mounted and unlocked, the iris just goes wide open. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty wrote:
Hi as far as i know, the lens must be mounted and locked before the aperture works

Cheers

That is correct, unless you know the "dodge" with the lens off the camera.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerryMK wrote:
Hi Daniel, thanks. That is what I am doing. But when mounted and locked the iris stays in one position while moving the aperture ring. If mounted and unlocked, the iris just goes wide open. Crying or Very sad

hmmmmm.... This will probably not be of much help but as far as i can remember from a fd conversion on a lens a while ago
There are2 mechanisms controlling the aperture , a long lever that closesthe aperture when the lens is mounted (fine in your case) and then a smaller lever that works against spring tension from the aperture itself to close it down from the open position for f stop adjustment by the ring (disengaged or stuck ?)
Maybe only some miss- alignment some where if the mount was removed at some stage by a seller?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty thanks for thinking with me. I tried "loosing" that lever by pulling it and let the spring tension pulling it back hoping it to release the iris to the choosen aperture but no luck whatsoever.

I am afraid I can not solve this myself and will have to go to a repair center Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...I think that is a wise move
I know one thing for sure, the fd mount mechanism is ridiculously complicated and VERY difficult to re- assemble
I have messed up a couple in the past Embarassed
Good luck !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear JerryMK

Where you are located?

Stan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
Dear JerryMK
Where you are located?
Stan

Hi Stan, I am in the Netherlands.