Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Taylor-Hobson Cooke Kinic 1 inch f/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject: Taylor-Hobson Cooke Kinic 1 inch f/1.8 Reply with quote

I just picked this up for $5 Canadian today. It came with a Kodacolor filter (pictured) of some sort as well. Just wondering if anyone knows about this lens?

Last edited by RubberFlubber on Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some shots I took with it today, freelensing with it in my K-3 in live view so the mirror wasn't in the way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another shot, really wishing I had a mirrorless/m4/3 camera for this lens as I'd like to be able to focus on objects further away than half a foot and it'd be nice to not have as much vignetting going on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more today.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last two looks quite nice. It is a good lens adapted to m43 cameras and should have crazy swirly bokeh wide open Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which m43 camera would you recommend? Perhaps I'll save up for it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are many choices around and I`m not an expert on m43 cameras, but I still have my OM-D to use with small format lenses like C-mounts, Pentax 110 and half frame lenses. This camera can easily be had for under $300 now. It has good value if you consider the built in stabilizer and a electronic viewfinder with magnified view for pinpoint focus Wink

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=e-m5&_sop=15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, cool. I'll keep an eye out for it once I can afford it. And speaking of prices, not that I have any intentions of ever selling this lens, but how much would something like this actually go for? $5 seems rather cheap, and I can't find this specific model online, nor any Cooke Kinic lenses with a Kodacolor (which I've never heard of before) filter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is one here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Cooke-Kinic-Taylor-Hobson-1-25mm-F1-8-C-Mount-Prime-Lens-Made-In-England-/322005674371?hash=item4af908a983:g:fOoAAOSwiwVWRW25

I would guess a value of at least half of what this is listed for. Looking closer at your mount, I think you have the type which is slightly longer and more difficult to mount on a m43 camera. The screw mount might collide into the gascet around the sensor.

Perhaps ask Klaus what version he has for a confirmation. Look at this thread:
http://forum.mflenses.com/cooke-kinic-f1-9-1-a-lunch-break-walk-t22463,highlight,%2Bkinic.html

He has written f/1.9, but he might have blunded or he has a third version Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! I've sent him a PM. Smile And wow, even if it's half as much as that I still got a huge deal!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a picture of everything taken apart (not completely, just the extra filter taken off of the Kodacolor filter and the focusing helical unscrewed from the lens):

And here's one from the side of the lens without the focusing helical:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one today. Finally getting warm out, hopefully spring's right around the corner!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More lichens on trees.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapted to my Fuji.