Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider Cinelux lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Schneider Cinelux lenses Reply with quote

Hello,

New member here! Curious to know if anyone here has adapted Cinelux Premiere lenses to work with Sony mirrorless. They seem like a good option but I've never done this before.

Thanks!

-Joe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Schneider Cinelux lenses Reply with quote

JCar wrote:
Hello,

New member here! Curious to know if anyone here has adapted Cinelux Premiere lenses to work with Sony mirrorless. They seem like a good option but I've never done this before.

Thanks!

-Joe

Welcome here Joe!

I have adapted Cinelux lenses, but no Cinelux Premiere lenses (with built in iris).

80mm f2 Super-Cinelux: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157669144217735

Cheers, Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr. Klaus, the pictures look great! I see a few Premier lenses for sale on eBay. What would be a fair price to pay for one of these?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCar wrote:
Thank you Mr. Klaus, the pictures look great! I see a few Premier lenses for sale on eBay. What would be a fair price to pay for one of these?

no clue, they have always been way above my budget Wink
But why need an iris??

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, I'll keep an eye on the auctions. Why an iris? I think it will make the adapted lens a lot more versatile than something you always have to shoot wide open.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the cheaper one, ES Cinelux which has f2 instead of premiere f1,7
Here's the sample of 62,5mm/f2 on Sony NEX
without anamorphic
With anarmophic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few of the older Schneider Super Cinelux lenses

my favorite cinema lens is a Red 55mm ISCO ultra-star HD Plus 55mm .. I've been trying to look for more of these in longer focal lengths but they don't seem as common and cheap as the Schneider Cinelux .. so I keep looking

--mike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leemik wrote:
I have a few of the older Schneider Super Cinelux lenses

my favorite cinema lens is a Red 55mm ISCO ultra-star HD Plus 55mm .. I've been trying to look for more of these in longer focal lengths but they don't seem as common and cheap as the Schneider Cinelux .. so I keep looking

--mike

Found a few on ebay UK for rather OK prices.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

I see they are the same ones that have been for offered sale for months now.. none > 65mm focal length.. i was hoping to see an 85mm+ for a reasonable price.. There was an Indian seller that had an 85mm for a long time but I think there was something wrong with the rear element..

--mike

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leemik wrote:
Thank you!

I see they are the same ones that have been for offered sale for months now.. none > 65mm focal length.. i was hoping to see an 85mm+ for a reasonable price.. There was an Indian seller that had an 85mm for a long time but I think there was something wrong with the rear element..

--mike

I have two rather rare 2/100mm if you want one... PM me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone else is looking, there are a few of these ending soon on eBay. Still cheap...