Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Questions for TRAVOR split focusing screen for EOS 500d.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Questions for TRAVOR split focusing screen for EOS 500d. Reply with quote

I`m interested to buy a split image focusing screen for my EOS 500d. Somebody says that Chinese made TRAVOR is quite brighter than its canon original. But there are some option: Single 180° Split Image, Dual 45° Split Image, Single 45° Split Image. Any body can explain for each pros and cons? It said that if I use the split focusing screen, the red light when it focused will be turned off. Will it active again when I put the original focusing screen back later on? Is TRAVOR the best among <50 USD split focusing screen?

Thx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Can you post a picture of the screens.

It should be a diagonal.

Not sure for 500D but on 30D the lights were on the prism itself and not on the screen so they were there even when i changed it.

Don't know about those Chinese ones .. I can recommend Haoda fu diagonal screen - very good one for a fair price.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Std

Single 180° Split Image Focus Screen fr Canon 500D

Double 45° Split Image Focus Screen for Canon 500D

Single 45° Split Image Focus Screen for Canon 500D

these are the picture of the TRAVOR focus screen.
I found from his store on Ebay here :
http://stores.ebay.com/Travor-camera-accessory-store_Canon_W0QQ_fsubZ799757010QQ_sidZ835484310QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14?_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

yes, I heard that haoda is great. But with travor it cut 1/3 price! it just 21U$D with free shipping. Its worth for try and error. But something bother me is, will the focus light point turned on again when I attach the original focus screen back?" target="_blank">Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the Travor for the 30D and I was unable to focus properly with it. Set a negative vote to the seller in eBay, they asked for a review of the voting offering me some bonus or refund.
I accepted and changed the vote to "neutral", and I have never heard about them anymore. No refunds neither bonus.

I would suggest you to go for the Katzeye ones that are really good. If you find them expensive, there is another alternative at www.focusingscreen.com. The K3 are really good.

(BTW now I have a focusingscreen one in the 30D and the Travor at the drawer).

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a catz or haoda.
At least they are proven and you won't waste money on junk which you will not use.

Look for something like this

The split screen in the middle for focusing on edges.
and the microprisms for everything else.

The microprisms i used almost 95% of the cases they are very comfortable to use, and very fast to focus.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Jesito & std. I love the link. Are they open the store on Ebay? its easier for me to make transaction on ebay, since it use paypal.

Do Catseye or Haoda suffer the blackout when using small f number?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haoda is the same money ($80 with shiopping i guess) with paypal Also.
But yes .. you cannot use it if your lens aperature is closed past f 5.6.
I think the catz can.. or at least they advertize it that way.

So what you do is focus wide open and then close to make the shot.

I really like the way how exakta lenses do it .. there is a special button on the lens which automatically opens the aperature wide oppen when you hold it. Smile