Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Revuenon 2.8/135 (55mm filter thread, not "Spezial
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Auto Revuenon 2.8/135 (55mm filter thread, not "Spezial Reply with quote

This is an M42 Auto Revuenon 2.8/135 with 55mm thread, six diaphragm blades and serial number 73xxxx. Not a "Spezial" version discussed several times here on the forum.

#1 I found that it gives a good 3D effect in an appropriate light condition

#2 It renders coarse volumes in a convincing way, especially with contrast boosted

#3 It has a visible "sympathy" to blue and magenta but renders well skin tones

#4 It's sharp, while the bokeh is not too busy

#5 In difficult light conditions it may give quite unusual and still interesting effects

#6 Event at f5.6 and after automatic correction slight purple outcast might be observed, not that dramatic in many cases

#7 A 100% crop w/o showin really strong CA

All shots, except of the last crop are taken at f4-5.6, with Nex-5N.

I was positively impressed with sharpness and pop-up the lens renders. Its character reminds me Tokina RMC 2.8/135, the latter also with a very pronounced purple fringing. Even though Tokina has a completely different body construction.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added here the photo of the lens itself.