Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 9 - Bridge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 9 - Bridge Reply with quote

Jupiter 9 and no portrait. What have I done... ?!?! Shocked

Duisburg / Rhine, Haus-Knipp Railway Bridge from 1910
Mainpart is 186m and was europe widest in this time. Made of 2600 tons of Krupp-Steel. One of the well known landmarks for the rhine ships. Destroyed during the second world war but reconstructed with the help of british pioneers within a few month in 1945.
see location in google maps

Just for fun, standing with zenitar 16mm between both bridges seen on the map:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos!
I love the iron and steel only constructions. They have a purity that looks like a no-compromise.
Nice jupiter pictures but I have to say that the Zenitar one is my favorite!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for Zenitar picture, very good capture.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of those pictures is really good!

My favourite is No. 3. There is strange combination of a wide-angle (spread) and a tele (dense) effect. I've never seen this before.
Hard to explain, it's just the way I see it.

Carsten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

My favourite is No. 3. There is strange combination of a wide-angle (spread) and a tele (dense) effect. I've never seen this before.
Hard to explain, it's just the way I see it.
Carsten

It's true, actually. Very appropriate remark!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments, boys. The zenitar picture is something that I have to repeat with time and contemplation when I can convince my wife that we have to spend some money to buy a peleng. Very Happy
This raw is blurred, unsharp and with low contrast. I had forgotten to take a tripod with me, the aim of this tour last autumn was not to take pictures but to throw pebbles in the rhine with my kids. So the aperture was wide open - a deadly sin using the zenitar. Sad

But the construction itself fascinated me, so I took many shots with the jupiter, because I only had this two lenses with me. I think the special effect of the third one is caused by the long distance to the next bridge pier, which is hided by using a short tele.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm a fan of colours I like more the B&W.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good pictures but I must agree, like the B&W best!

Can you tel us more about the zenitar 16 pse.

Guido

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jigt wrote:

Can you tel us more about the zenitar 16 pse.

I know from one of your first postings that you speak german, so I can post a link to my site: http://www.winken-zemke.info/?p=25 Smile

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Michael!

Thanks

Guido