Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FA: Canon FD 100 mm 1:2.8 - US NAVY version (fixed focus)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: FA: Canon FD 100 mm 1:2.8 - US NAVY version (fixed focus) Reply with quote

I'm selling this FD 100/2.8 lens:

Click here to see on Ebay

I believe it'll sell cheap, so I'll work with the buyer to make it ship as cheap as possible (or as fast as possible is the buyer so desires Smile )

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... does it actually have aperture blades and a focus helicoid, just all locked in place? Or is it a different design/construction without them?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Navy Canon FD 100/2.8 Reply with quote

I picked up one of these a while ago, and did some disassembly. Though I did not complete restoring it because I didn't discover how the helicoid was locked and put it aside on a "pending lens project" shelf, the lens does have a functioning aperture mechanism (I had to unlock it) and a full helicoid.

If someone figures out what is locking the focus, I'd love to know!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
Interesting... does it actually have aperture blades and a focus helicoid, just all locked in place? Or is it a different design/construction without them?

It does. The helicoid is held by glue on the front of the lens; applying some MEK or other solvent should unblock it, but no guarantee. Aperture is functional; I was able to engage the levers move the aperture blades when this lens was mounted on an FD adapter. Unmounted, the blades stay half-open and won't move with any levers (I remember reading somewhere this is the way FD lenses behave).