Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photo Contest / please do not move to subforum ;)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Photo Contest / please do not move to subforum ;) Reply with quote

If you are like me you probably rarely visit any subforum page thus i dare writing idea here to reach many members.

What i suggest is "serious" contest. With some time span and proper award. It could be (contrary to other Facebook promoted type of contests) totally disclosed in terms of conditions.

First draw:
It would be held in this subforum, so it gets as much visibility as possible.
Possible Categories to choose unifying as many manual focus photo properties: Bokeh (portrait, macro), 3D effect (street, architecture, cars, sports), Infinity (lens at infinity setting: landscape, soft focus, panorama, city-scapes). Some other usual categories could fall in all of these three basic types like nature for instance.
Award Paypal based: every contestant gives 1$ for participation, only one photo allowed.
Only members with 50 posts can participate.
Votes by poll. Member can vote 3 photos.
First photo gets 50%, second 30%, third 20%.
Naturally genuine manual focus lens must be used and model stated.

Just an idea Smile, i can't reach Attila BTW.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, I am in Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I like it.

Perhaps something for the backburner, is another competition some time in the future based on the following categories:

Barrel distortion.

Pincushion.

Perspective distortion.

Vignetting.

Flare.

Ghosting.

Chromatic aberration.

I was brought up with the largest plant competition in the area being the 'Ugliest weed weekend'. It's been going for centuries apparently. So you'll see the categories make sense to me. An opportunity to dust of those horrors and give them their day in the sun.

Something for the future maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the idea!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I subscribe. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well those 122 posts flew by... Very Happy

Could be interesting...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Best, jt