Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to repair a TLR lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: How to repair a TLR lens? Reply with quote

The shutter of the lens is stuck at halfway when shooting. I tried to clean it but I propably did it wrong.
Does anybody has knowledge of how to clean and lubricate the apertures? It's a Berthiot lens.

Last edited by miso on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most TLR covered with leatherette first issue how can you remove it gently and glue it back well, not a DIY job, look an expert in your country if not find any let me to know it I have it here and you can ask him to repair it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I ment the shutter. I corrected my upper text. : )
It's very easy to get to the shutter. You just unscrew the front glass element. I don't know any expert who is repeairing such old cameras here. I guess I need some suggestions how to clean and lubricate the shutter. So it'll work without getting stuck and messing up the photo.
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miso wrote:
Sorry I ment the shutter. I corrected my upper text. : )
It's very easy to get to the shutter. You just unscrew the front glass element. I don't know any expert who is repeairing such old cameras here. I guess I need some suggestions how to clean and lubricate the shutter. So it'll work without getting stuck and messing up the photo.
Cheers

What model is it?

here are some guides for compurs

so here:
http://benoit.suaudeau.perso.neuf.fr/manuels_rep/obturateurs/Compur-shutter-repair-manual.html