Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Where the Rainbow Sleeps, my exhibition in Helsinki May 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Where the Rainbow Sleeps, my exhibition in Helsinki May 2010 Reply with quote

UPDATE: The exhibition catalogue is now available as full-screen preview. It contains over 80 images, some 20 of which are on display in the exhibition.

http://www.blurb.com/books/1333735

I am quite excited as 4 weeks of photography and 2 weeks of preparations are culminating in the opening of my spring 2010 photo Exhibition Where the Rainbow Sleeps which opens on May 7th and is open throughout the month of May, 2010.

If you live in or near Helsinki, Finland (or are visiting town) just call me on +358 (0)50 540 9609 and I will gladly give you a walk-through of the exhibition photos. Photos are on display in a cozy bar situated along the tourist tram 3T/3B route, only 15-20min from the absolute downtown Helsinki.

Although these web-sized files do not give credit to the prints which are 60x90cm in size, here is the total number of photos, some of which have been picked for the exhibition:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mureena/sets/72157594327492751/

Some quick posts as well

I will also make a book containing about 60-80 of these photos, focusing on documenting the doors and windows in Mexico. Prints for sale Worldwide, give me a PM and I will make you an Mflenses member offer.

Location info http://www.porvoonkadunbaari.fi

GoogleMaps http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=porvoonkatu+19+helsinki&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=64.752695,75.234375&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Borg%C3%A5gatan+19,+00510+Helsinki,+Finland&z=16

Last edited by Esox lucius on Wed May 05, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos.
Impressive pano and a great catch is the last one.
Good luck Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Esox lucius!
I'll surely go some day to look your exhibition!
Good luck and have a nice opening! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, hope it is the success it deserves to be.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone!

Lots of eggs in this basket, goal is to break even ie. pay for prints, flights and accomodation costs. The rest is bonus (read: paying the bills) Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning, Vilhelm, stunning.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you luck Vilhelm, but if I think twice, I don't have to since it surely will be successfull, your work is so good!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i actually found my name on this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mureena/4556956855/in/set-72157594327492751/

Great colors and captures! Good luck with the exhibition =)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, Vilhelm, and best of luck !

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the explosion of colours in the 1st one.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a great forum; inhabited by people with deep artistic eye always backed up with solid technical knowledge. Your support, coming from such an esteemed group of colleagues all over the world, I value higher than I can find words to express it with.

Thank you, sincerely, everyone.

Vilhelm

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!

I´m visiting Helsinki on 19 and 21 May. I must try to find some time to see your pics.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: The exhibition catalogue is now available as full-screen preview. It contains over 80 images, some 20 of which are on display in the exhibition. Never mind the title and two text pages in Finnish, it contains 78 pages of photos as it is a catalogue for ordering prints.

http://www.blurb.com/books/1333735

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Vilhelm!
I enjoy the photos very much.
Love the dog!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a short look at your book.
Beautiful door portraits.
My favs are ND39142/39284/31139
In an exhibition the must shine in large format.
Good luck Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your exellent exhibition Vilhelm (I visited there earlier today). Very Happy
Hope your work's are also going to sell well there! Congratulations and good luck!

Hemmo

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to hear you enjoyed the exhibition!

Here is a link to some background information, containing the stories behind the photographs, exhibition information etc. (in Finnish)

http://www.keikkakuva.fi/rainbow/

Vilhelm

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb set of images!!! I really love all the orange in there Very Happy Good luck with the exhibition!!

*I love windows and doors myself; PS33004 is fantastic Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for all the cheers! It's been great to read visitor book greetings from Mflenses members Cool

Exhibition is on until end of May, and one more Mflenses member is visiting later today. I'll be there at about 5:30 to 7:30 today, in case someone wants to drop by as well.

Porvoonkatu 19, in Alppila area of Helsinki.

Vilhelm

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visited the exhibition yesterday. The photos were very colourful and looked great printed large.

I also had a long chat with Vilhelm about his photos and printing techniques and about the photography as a means of living...

Thank You Vilhelm and Best of luck!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank everyone who had the opportunity to visit and sign the guestbook. The bar owners were very pleased saying that the exhibition had brought new clients in numbers that far exceeded what they wished for.

The next exhbition is going to be smaller, but in a more central location - Simonkatu and Lasipalatsi in August. The space is called Akkuna, it is the small stonefoot shop on Simonkatu side, and it is the location where Flow Festival is going to have their ticket office for 1 week in early August.

Before that happens, it is time to move forward and do what's been something of a dream of mine for long now - together with two other photographers we are opening a gallery on Iso Roobertinkatu. More news and photos coming later Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
I would like to thank everyone who had the opportunity to visit and sign the guestbook. The bar owners were very pleased saying that the exhibition had brought new clients in numbers that far exceeded what they wished for.

The next exhbition is going to be smaller, but in a more central location - Simonkatu and Lasipalatsi in August. The space is called Akkuna, it is the small stonefoot shop on Simonkatu side, and it is the location where Flow Festival is going to have their ticket office for 1 week in early August.

Before that happens, it is time to move forward and do what's been something of a dream of mine for long now - together with two other photographers we are opening a gallery on Iso Roobertinkatu. More news and photos coming later Smile

Great news Wilhelm! Really impressive and great move open own gallery at the center of the Helsinki! Congratulations!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Vilhelm! Your work certainly deserves a gallery!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Vilhelm. You are a step nearer to your dream. All the best and great success.