Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oly Zuiko 24mm 2 test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Oly Zuiko 24mm 2 test Reply with quote

A few days ago I take to test my Oly 24mm 2, which I repaired last winter. The test was done on a cropped canon 350D body ISO 100 at all apertures. You can 30% resized images and 100% crops from the center in my gallery:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ivmakarov/Oly24mm2Test#

Last edited by mr_Equator on Thu May 27, 2010 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Oly Zuiko 24mm 2 test Reply with quote

mr_Equator wrote:
A few days ago I take to test my Oly 24mm 2, which I repaired last winter. The test was done on a cropped canon 350D body ISO 100 at all apertures. You can 30% resized images and 100% crops from the center in my gallery:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ivmakarov/Oly24mm2Test#

http://picasaweb.google.com/ivmakarov/Oly24mm2Test

the lens was focused on the building in front.

welcome Equator
have a nice stay with us
you got a great portfolio
please repost 'girl & bike' with Heliar, the pics didn't appear yesterday because of the first post antispam

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,

I was sure something is wrong with tags. I'll try to redo it now.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know the Oly 28 f/2 was that soft wide open

thanks for the samples!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to this board! Enjoy your stay.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi new fellow.

Thanks for sharing your test. Well done!

I didn't think that at F/4 the lens should be so contrast, much than at any other aperture. Difference in light?

Regards, Rino.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan Lee wrote:
I didn't know the Oly 28 f/2 was that soft wide open

thanks for the samples!

I would rather relate this "softness" to the poor flare control and narrower DOF compared to other apertures.
If you take F2crop and look at the building in front( were the focus was ) you will find the lines perfect when the monument and the church are out of focus. (they come there only at 5.6)

I want to try this lens in the night wide open, less light should produce less flare, end performance might be acceptable.

by the way before I repaired this lens it created funny parabola-shaped focus which was nice to use on a narrow streets:

You can see the buildings in the far and the wheel of the car are in focus.( shot at F2)

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Welcome to this board! Enjoy your stay.

Thank you, Carsten!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Hi new fellow.

Thanks for sharing your test. Well done!

I didn't think that at F/4 the lens should be so contrast, much than at any other aperture. Difference in light?

Regards, Rino.

Honestly I dont see much difference between F4 and smaller apertures on my screen, yours is probably better.

During the test I was changing the shutter speed to keep the exposure constant but may be at F4 I pushed it too far. please disregard this difference.