Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro-Takumar 1:4 / 50mm 1:1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Macro-Takumar 1:4 / 50mm 1:1 Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me when they stopped making this lens or direct me to a reference that can be used to determine the age? The serial number is 1920700. I have one that appears to have never been used before complete with styrofoam packing box, leather case (strap still rolled up in its' little plastic bag), etc. This lens doesn't have much glass but the graphics and the function of the barrels and the general fit and finish is amazing!
Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're quite lucky to have one in this condition - you don't see too many of the originals about these days.

As to dating it, I'm out of the country at the moment without access to my AP Screwmount Guide, but one of the others should be able to put a rough date on it for you.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this help?

http://www.aohc.it/tak03e.htm

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mal1905. Wish I had that book. It looks very interesting.

Thank you aleksanderpolo. That's the info I need at this time.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool mine has 1915890 serial. also in excellent condition

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made 1966-1969.

I have two, one got in rarely if ever used, another good shape, though obviously used from minor wear on focus ring, both with flawless optics. They are packed in humidity-controlled space right now; I'd look at serial #s for you but humidity is 87% right now and I don't want to open it Smile

edit: Oh! Thanks so much for that link aleksanderpolo! I made a spreadsheet from that long ago and had lost the original and haven't been able to find it until now!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random shots of lens

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is 1611184 and very well used...not by me as I am still learning Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schnurrp wrote:

For ~$475, it better be interesting! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
schnurrp wrote:

I only paid $108.00 for my copy from a German online bookstore - so it's still possible to pick them up without having to spend that much...

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Blue wrote:
schnurrp wrote:

I only paid $108.00 for my copy from a German online bookstore - so it's still possible to pick them up without having to spend that much...

Not on my side of The Pond, its rarely available much less that cheap. I have been looking for years. The next time I'm in DC, I'm going by the library. Amazon is usually the only one with it and they don't even have it now. It gets into a psycho bidding war when it shows up on Flea-Bait.

Edit: At any rate, I just picked up a Tak 35mm F4 in nice condition. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
Edit: At any rate, I just picked up a Tak 35mm F4 in nice condition. Very Happy

Nice work Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just now, like a few minutes ago, won a MacTak 50/4M on the bay. This is the listing. Supposedly functionally good if somewhat dented. I don't really need the filter ring, right? Good thing it costs US$47 + $8 shipping = $55. So in a few days I'll see how it performs. Oops, gotta pay for it first. Darn...

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
Good thing it costs US$47 + $8 shipping = $55.

Quite a deal!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Quite a deal!

I certainly hope so! Rolling Eyes