Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears 80-200/4.0 macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Sears 80-200/4.0 macro Reply with quote

I got this Korean made lens a couple months ago @ the same time as a Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5. & I never really paid much attention to this Sears lens that I got for about $20 with shipping. Reading some posts here this evening made me think of it & I took it out onto the balcony in the evening light to try it out. I had the ISO set @200 & set the lens to macro, wide open & took a pic of a flower about 8' (2.5M) away.

Next I set the lens to normal & again wide open took a pic of my garden 100' (30M) away.

Both shots were hand held. I must confess I was impressed. I will have to take some more serious shots with it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My LBA eBay spree in 2008-2009 brought me, among other things, two Sears-branded Ricoh-made Korean near-twin zooms: 80-200/4 (M42 mount, # 840830082) and 70-210/4 (KR-mount, # 860424246). With shipping, they were US$9 each, as was another in the same batch: Takumar-A 70-200/4 (KA-mount). About the same time I paid US$33 for a Vivitar Series 1 Version 1 (Kiron) 70-210/3.5 (M42 mount). What with the Tak and Viv to keep me busy, I really haven't played with those Sears-Ricoh's. The poor things must feel neglected. I should take them out for a walk...

PS: Nice shots!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I went out this morning with the camera on a tripod & took a few far/near shots. The camera remained @ ISO 200 & shot in RAW. Developed & auto tone in Lightroom & converted to jpeg, re-sized & slight sharpening in PhotoScape. All shot treated the same.

1/1.

1/2.

2/1

2/2.

3/1.

3/2.

4. This shot is cropped a bit.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shots look good to me, the bokeh is pretty nice in some shots too, I'm known for having low standards bokeh wise but I think it just goes to show that there are a lot of contributing factors to how good bokeh looks such as subject distance, background distance, background illumination etc before the abilities of the lens even come into it, I think this lens delivers very solid results!