Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MF Lenses on Deviantart
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: MF Lenses on Deviantart Reply with quote

I made a group: http://mflenses.deviantart.com
intended as collection of "best" photos made with vintage MF lenses.
If any of you is active on Deviantart please join.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool!!

I wanna be joined but it's not possible at this time ..

tf

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please who wants invitation just send me your Deviantart nick. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've joined.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nick at deviantARtT is (what a surprise) "LucisPictor". Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdnanW is mine

thx Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this group is only 1 day old and Trifox already complain Very Happy
btw he is the only one who link back to MFlenses.com

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
this group is only 1 day old and Trifox already complain Very Happy
btw he is the only one who link back to MFlenses.com

yes -- I am always moaning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

but in this case - I have signed up for PREMIUM membership and I can not still join - something like this comes out when joining the group:

Last edited by trifox on Sun May 02, 2010 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the same message. So hopefully an invite will get around the problem(s).

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something must be very wrong. I send invitation to Trifox but it didn't work either. I will ask Deviantart of the problem.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Join requests were set to "not allowed" by default Smile. Now i've changed it.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in !

thanks! Smile

tf

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow DA is a tricky navigation. Way to many bottons and drop downs.
I get this message when trying to submit work.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did you get this menu?

thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
where did you get this menu?

thanks

After you load a pic to your gallery you can view it and choose to submit to a group.
More buttons Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's up there?

I can upload my pic but I can not see that option!!

aarghh! ...

tf

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i wasn't prepared for this problem but it was necessary to deal with.

Imagine 100-200 members in time possibly more. Now imagine everyone submitting for instance 20 photos. A flood of photos of questionable quality and category (who would categorize them?). As i see it such a group wouldn't make sense to anyone.

There are two pathways for group to make sense in long term. First option as above: a sharing depot, place to upload mf lenses photo results with minimal artistic aspiration (post-production alterations undesired) but more for comparison purposes. This option would also strongly interfere with http://www.mflenses.com gallery. I don't want that.

Second option: collection of best photos made with MF lenses. Group symbol would stand as proof of some quality and would give some guarantee artwork is interesting for art watcher and manual focus lenses fan alike.

For second option to become alive and group as such appreciated CENSUS for new submissions must be defined. There is no jury yet so census must be based on objective Deviantart standards. I've been on DA for few years and found out there is pretty good mathematical way to select interesting work: 10% of the total views must go to favorites in long term. Percentage tends to slowly descend in time. Also first favorites sometimes go to "friends", so the census would start approximately like this:

100 views - 20 favorites
200 views - 35 favorites
500 views - 50 favorites

In future there might be enough moderators to make a jury and enhance this system.

Of course MF lens used should also be specified (i am also playing with the idea that only more then 20 years old lenses are valid, but i am not sure about that).

I hope you agree with idea behind this: Group should rise awareness and appreciation of vintage manual focus lenses.

Please comment and let me know what do you think. I will give myself a week or two to decide. If my orientation described above shows as missed shot i will try to open the group for all submissions and let it flow to unknown Smile.

Sorry for this s...,
Jure

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Jure..

Thanks for explanation -- you're right ..

So, does the volume of our pictures in our own galleries affect your profile as a group?

Thanks Smile

tf

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trifox thank you for understanding - i really didn't want to curb your or others enthusiasm.

Otherwise you have practically unlimited space in your own gallery. This has nothing to do with group. You are unrestricted by size & quantity of submitted photos even as non-premium. I don't know what bonuses you have received since i was always fully satisfied with free type. Only recently i have some wishes to manipulate entry page more and ads are in a way annoying.

I can suggest you still don't upload serially and all at one time since exposure is a bit controlled. I mean your first photo that day has higher chance to get on DA first page (getting many views faster) then second and so on.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: MF Lenses on Deviantart Reply with quote

http://mflenses.deviantart.com

Dear MF Lenses members. Deviantart group will be obviously dead without you and my initial census was a pile of crap.

Here first 3 Apostles have been inaugurated:

LucisPictor
trifox2
AdnanW - f16sunshine

All have received invitation to full group control. Please accept.