Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dufay 4.5/200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Dufay 4.5/200 Reply with quote

Hello!

Do any forum members have info on Dufay lenses? I purchased a 4.5/200 lens today. The lens appears to be m42x1 mount, has a 12 blade iris. The build is good. The lens serial is #33781 - quite a low production number. Looks like a 1970's lens. A (single?) magenta coating. Two-stage, preset aperture mechanism. The front cap is Mamiya Sekor - random cap, or a connection here?

I can post a few samples hopefully within a few hours. So far, i've been unable to find information about the lens or even Dufay on the web, other than a couple of links to far-east auctions.

Any information from the forum would be appreciated!

Thankyou

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dufay sounds like it may be one of many merchants brands used for Japanese lenses from the 1950's-1970's. Dufay was actually a color film process (an early European competitor for Kodachrome, etc.). Perhaps the brand has something to do with that. Many brands were re-used for completely different products.

Many importers or even camera stores put their names on lenses purchased from a group of Japanese lens companies - you may know these makers from their later products as Tokina, Kiron, Komine, Sankor, Cosina, Sun, etc., there were about 12-15 perhaps.

A picture would help, possibly, to identify the maker. There are often clues in the design and details of the lens.